Why join us?
This position is based out of one of our North East region offices in NY State & Massachusetts, and reports to our Sr. Director Project Delivery. It is responsible for directing all field personnel and subcontractors to achieve completion of projects on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to plans and specifications on fast paced technically complex design/build projects in the biotech, pharmaceutical, chemical and food industries.
What will be your contribution?
- Chair and document regular project construction meetings.
- Record daily log of activities and working trade hours.
- Coordinate and schedule subcontractor work activities.
- Schedule inspections and interface with building code officials during construction.
- Troubleshoot unforeseen field conditions to determine cost effective and timely solutions.
- Set up and maintain field offices/construction trailers.
- Maintain and update overall project schedules.
- Work with project managers to develop rolling four-week look-ahead schedules.
- Develop “work around” schedules when the proposed logical sequence of events is disrupted.
- Work with project delivery team and subcontractors to properly administer change work, ensuring that work is not executed until appropriately authorized.
- Chair and document constructability reviews.
- Communicate with clients, subcontractors, architects, engineers, and project delivery team.
- Promote job site safety, encourage safe work practices, and rectify job site hazards.
- Ensure all employees and subcontractors are adhering to safety policies.
- Conduct safety audits.
- Maintain clean, safe, and organized job sites.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in field supervisory capacity, preferably in construction industries.
- 4-year degree preferred.
- Microsoft Project.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- OSHA 10 required, 30 preferred.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Additional hours may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Assignments require being at client sites for extended periods.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs