Supply Chain Manager (Projects)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Tender-Project SCM for EPC – Turn Key Substations – Vasteras, Sweden
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects, combining SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offer for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects
As one of the leading engineering companies, we help our customers with turnkey solutions in the field of substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
As a single point of contact we combine the accumulated knowhow of key-suppliers and contractors so that customers benefit from efficient solutions, increased industrial productivity and a lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of the early days of a new company as it is being created and shaped for the future. If you like new challenges, have an entrepreneurial spirit and are interested in working with other motivated and seasoned professionals with expertise in the EPC business, backed up by two large, well-established organizations, then this is the new opportunity for you.
The office in Sweden is responsible for managing project execution, business development and sales in our allocated markets in the Nordic countries, as well as Sweden-financed projects abroad, presently in Iraq but also expanding to other countries. The mentioned EPC projects involve high voltage substations of different types.
- Responsible for the SCM function from tender phase through project execution until project close out.
- Plan and execute procurement activities in order to support project objective achievement in terms of cost/budget, schedule and supply quality. Maintain a primary interface with the Project Manager, project team, category teams, and, as required, the customer on all supply chain management (SCM) matters.
- Collaborates with proposal, project, and category teams to determine necessary items for procurement during the project.
- Align supply chain activities with Supply Chain Management organization’s sourcing strategies and approved vendor list. Escalates exceptions to ensure best cost, quality, sustainability and delivery performance.
- Manages relationships with suppliers, including negotiations, frame agreements and purchase orders, in partnership with regional and Global Supply Chain Managers.
- Applies project procurement procedures and plans and ensures appropriate implementation and compliance by the procurement team.
- Monitors the project procurement status and updates project manager of any issues. Pro-actively works to resolve issues related to procurement cost, quality and delivery.
- Documents general and special conditions for use on all project purchase documents, project procurement procedures, and project procurement plans and ensures compliance.
- Collaborates with project team to identify new suppliers and supplier changes, and ensures customer approval for project supplier list.
- The most important aspect is a great attitude. We are looking for you, who are enthusiastic, energetic, willing to learn and to pitch in wherever needed, in order to reach the project’s goals.
- Experience from Supply Chain Management in EPC business in infrastructure or civil projects.
- Your experience has provided you with leadership and interpersonal skills. This means that you are a sharp negotiator, with an excellent ability to resolve issues.
- A natural ability to take initiative and apply both creativity and perseverance are necessary to negotiate and implement the necessary actions and this always within compliance of Linxon’s Code of Conduct.
- Your achievements are built upon a solid business and commercial mindset.
- You preferably hold a Master or Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or business administration.
- Good knowledge of processes in industrial, large and complex or turnkey contracts is required.
- You are curious by nature and have excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in Swedish and English is required.
To know more about Linxon, Please click on the link below.
Our Latest Articles