TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
We are looking for a Survey Assistant to perform survey work as part of a field survey crew, including assisting the surveyor to setup survey instruments, measuring in the field, maintaining equipment, and cleaning up work sites and vehicles.
- Regulate work to ensure all site safety standards, acceptable practices, & guidelines are adhered to.
- Communicate any safety issues, regardless of the severity to Survey Party Chief.
- Communicate data collection issues to Survey Party Chief.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Walks job down with Survey Crew and Survey Requestor.
- Assist Surveyor in Operations of various survey-engineering instruments devices to measure distances and collect data; makes cross section, profile, location, topographic and construction layout surveys.
- Assist in establishes lines, critical points and angles; digs ground using a shovel and other hand tools to search for and locate survey monuments and points. Sets, Cleans, and Paints all points used for survey purposes.
- Maintains field notes regarding backsite and foresight heights for each setup.
- Obtains permits and safety equipment as required.
- Clean work site up of all materials and equipment.
- Assist with completing Survey File.
- Organize all materials and equipment. Restock vehicle with supplies as required.
- Clean work vehicle including emptying trash from work vehicle and taking vehicle to be washed and vacuumed.
- Refueling vehicles as required to not interfere with field work.
- Sorting, filing, shelving and handling of documents, books, files, file drawers and related materials and equipment required for clerical operations.
- Review and sign-off on survey files.
- Scan survey files as directed.
- Test tribrachs, rod bubbles, rods, mirrors, mini prism and other tools to verify calibration.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Any experience in Construction surveying industry would be considered an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Knowledge of engineering design and survey methods
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Available to travel to various projects
- Driver’s license (Class G)
- Frequently walks up and down steep slopes of ditches or on rough and uneven surfaces or ground such as sloping terrain, plowed or furrowed areas or construction sites; stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and carrying of items up to 20 pounds and occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds. Ascending/descending multiple flights of stairs, climbing in area that requires the use of fall protection.
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs