Survey Crew Chief
Survey Crew Chief
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Survey Crew Chief
Why join us?
We are Hiring! Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, FL Surveying Group as a Survey Crew Chief. Under direct supervision, this position operates the more complex technical survey instruments to obtain data pertaining to area measurements for use in boundary, topographic, hydrographic, land development and construction surveys. May also assist the supervisor in the direction of other crew members. This position will report to the Senior Geomaticist.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Operates the more complex surveying instruments and performs survey calculations related to the operation of those instruments.
- Sets up and has the ability to operate all instrumentation typical on a field data collection crew to include electronic total stations, electronic levels, GPS, HDS, and other equipment as needed.
- Maintains thorough familiarity with the operating procedures of field data collection equipment and procedures.
- Compiles field notes, sketches and records of data obtained and work performed.
- Exercises supervision over other crew members in connection with the field work and the maintenance and safekeeping of field equipment and survey vehicles, in the absence or at the request of the supervisor.
- Assumes responsibility for the maintenance, checking and handling of surveying instruments.
- Ensures that: (1) an adequate reserve supply of consumable material such as stakes, hubs, iron rods, nails, paint and flagging is maintained in the supply storage areas at the office; (2) survey vehicles contain adequate supply of equipment and materials for the day's operation; and (3) the survey vehicles, parking area and equipment and supply storage areas at the office are kept in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Sets up and operates Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- High school diploma (or equivalent) plus eight years related experience OR an associate's degree in a related technical field plus six years related experience is required.
- Experience should include four years as Party Chief or similar role.
- Interest in pursuing a Geomatics degree highly desirable.
- Must possess strong math skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to give training and work direction to others.
- Ability to interpret legal descriptions and engineering drawings.
- CST Level IV and/or LSIT preferred.
- Requirements include ability to walk long distances in rough terrain of survey sites, as well as the ability to work outdoors, occasionally under adverse weather conditions, and carry heavy loads; ability to communicate verbally and using hand signals.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs