Survey Engineering Manager
Survey Engineering Manager
Join our organisation, where we have a huge variety of projects on-the-go at any one time. So, when you start this role with us, it could take your career wherever your interests lie. You'll find everyone here is willing to pitch in and help because we all want you to succeed, and we're ready to help you grow.
When it comes to living your life, we want you to get the most out of it. So, talk to us about all our flexible and remote working policies that can support your personal priorities. Also, ask us about some of our recent pledges for Women's Equality, as well as being a 'Disability Confident' and 'Inclusive Employer.'"
The Central Rail Systems Alliance is formed by partners Network Rail, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and TSO. The CRSA is responsible for the delivery of multi-disciplinary railway upgrade projects on the North West & Central and Eastern regions of Network Rail’s recently devolved routes. The programme of works delivered by the teams is valued at £2bn and manages the development, design and delivery of Switches and Crossings and Plain Line renewals as its core business but is also responsible for the delivery of major enhancement projects.
As part of our continued growth we are seeking a Survey Engineering Manager. The successful individual will broadly responsible for delivering technical excellence, managing suppliers, ensuring delivery programmes are maintained and will have a strong interest in Innovation as we aspire to deliver next generation railway systems upgrades.
Furthermore, the individual will be responsible for providing rigour in optimising the balance between internal and external supply chain resources to deliver high quality topographical and other surveys and asset data collection in relation to rail infrastructure projects.
A primary function of the role will be to ensure that asset data collection commissioned from 3rd party suppliers is to the same standard as delivered by in-house teams through a combination of supplier assessment, system audits and field checks/audits.
- Build and maintain a supply chain network of survey and/or asset data collation companies across the UK to supplement in-house resources to cope with peaks in work-load.
- Interface with design and construction teams within the Alliance to ensure technical excellence is achieved in survey but also construction, support and development to engineers in geomatics practice is a fundamental requirement of the role.
- Work closely with internal and external Clients to ensure all services provided (whether through internal resource or supply chain) meet or exceed expectations
- Assist the Design Delivery Managers with planning and managing workload through bespoke systems, allocating appropriate, technically skilled resources to projects and tasks, ensuring efficient delivery of services and maximising resource utilisation.
- Implement agreed quality control measures to ensure 3rd party suppliers deliver to the highest technical standards within time, quality and budget constraints, setting and agreeing objectives as required by Clients
- Assist with the identification, engagement and performance monitoring of 3rd party suppliers ensuring full compliance with the supply chain management protocols and company commercial guidelines
- Understand and ensure compliance with contract terms, meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Work with the team specialists to develop protocols, processes and specifications which ensure supply chain partners are working to our same high standards of health, safety & welfare
- Embed technical Innovation into everything we do as part of the CRSA Digital Strategy, be an advocate for disruptive change and be active in responding to industry changes
- Implement commercial model for commissioning third party suppliers and providing audit and checking regimes
- Educated to degree level in an appropriate discipline such as Engineering, Surveying/Geomatics, Project Management or Business Management
- Membership of an appropriate Institution such as RICS,CICES would be an advantage.
- Proven competency, experience and success in most of the following;
- Developing delivery models understanding objectives and success criteria within the external, internal and contractual framework
- Generating the scope of works with acceptance criteria and key performance indicators appropriate to the scale of the project with effective implementation of change control.
- Monitoring suppliers programmes against agreed targets and Client requirements
- Ensuring effective risk management strategies and methodologies are established and implemented
- Ensuring that all project contributors effectively manage resources to ensure the safe delivery of surveys across the CRSA portfolio, this includes the review of WPP’s and task briefs.
- Developing communication, risk, quality and other strategies for monitoring the delivery of projects by suppliers.
- Ensuring projects are being adequately controlled through project plans, progress analysis and forecasting.
- Managing 3rd party suppliers, complying with legal and ethical obligations and understanding contract law and standard contract models used in civil engineering projects.
- Applying business policies, quality and environmental management systems, project governance procedures and financial control systems to team management, projects and project portfolios.
- Understanding legal, contractual and technical considerations affecting the delivery of the service/portfolio.
- Providing advice to Clients and stakeholders on commercial, contractual and technical matters.
- Identifying all the desired outcomes of a project/service, with experience in managing in a changing environment
- Ability to build good working relationships with stakeholders and suppliers through effective communication and well-honed influencing skills
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs