Survey Field Data Assistant
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Henderson, NV Surveying Group as an Entry Level Field Data Specialist.
Under close supervision, performs entry-level Geomatics field and office work. Assists supervisor in performing all aspects of Geomatics including field surveys, raw data reduction, field calculations, CAD drafting, GIS data collection, etc.
- Operates surveying instruments and performs survey calculations related to the operation of those instruments.
- Sets up and has the ability to operate all instrumentation typical on a field data collection crew to include electronic total stations, electronic levels, GPS, HDS, and other equipment as needed.
- Maintains thorough familiarity with the operating procedures of field data collection equipment and procedures.
- Compiles field notes, sketches and records of data obtained and work performed.
- Exercises supervision over other crew members in connection with the field work and the maintenance and safekeeping of field equipment and survey vehicles, in the absence or at the request of the supervisor.
- Assumes responsibility for the maintenance, checking and handling of surveying instruments.
- Ensures that: (1) an adequate reserve supply of consumable material such as stakes, hubs, iron rods, nails, paint and flagging is maintained in the supply storage areas at the office; (2) survey vehicles contain adequate supply of equipment and materials for the day's operation; and (3) the survey vehicles, parking area and equipment and supply storage areas at the office are kept in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Sets up and operates Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- One year experience as a rod person or instrument operator required.
- Interest in pursuing a Geomatics degree highly desirable.
- Must possess strong math skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to give training and work direction to others.
- Ability to interpret legal descriptions and engineering drawings.
- CST Level I preferred.
- Requirements include ability to walk long distances in rough terrain of survey sites, as well as the ability to work outdoors, occasionally under adverse weather conditions, and carry heavy loads; ability to communicate verbally and using hand signals.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles