Survey Group Manager
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Houston, TX Surveying Group as a Survey Group Manager.
Under direction, applies full competency in conventional land surveying work and broad knowledge of precedents in land surveying assignments. Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of survey assignments in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Plans, directs and supervises various aspects of surveying to include planning field work and overseeing and reviewing office work and related activities.
- Coordinates survey work with both internal disciplines and external consultants and subcontractors.
- Reviews and approves survey computations and drawings for technical accuracy and quality control.
- Prepares and/or reviews proposals, billing reports and legal descriptions.
- May perform on-site observations and reviews on projects of unusual or complicated nature.
- May manage projects.
- Travels to survey sites as required by project.
- Analyzes survey data and establishes boundaries.
- Renders expert opinion to sign and seal, or may sign and seal if authorized by appropriate state license.
- May be required to provide expert testimony in court cases concerning surveying-related matters.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree plus seven years related experience OR an associate's degree in a related technical field plus fifteen years related experience OR high school diploma (or equivalent) plus seventeen years related experience is required.
- Good technical writing, computer and communication skills.
- May be eligible for project management training.
- Good knowledge of CAD and GPS.
- RLS/PLS Required.
- Ability to access and understand legal records; ability to review survey drawings and reports.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Ability to analyze survey data and utilize analysis for decision making.
- Ability to speak in public.
- If position requires driving company vehicle, incumbent must have valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.