Survey Party Chief
Survey Party Chief
Survey Party Chief
Why join us?
We are Hiring! Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Reno, NV Surveying and Geodesy Group as a Survey Party Chief. Under limited direction, directs a field survey crew in performing construction, topographic, hydrographic, boundary, right-of-way, control, and special purpose surveys for a client or in support of any of the various technical services of the company. This position will report to the Survey Technical Manager.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Directs and assists survey crew in the performance of their assignments.
- Assists in preparing estimates of time, personnel and equipment required to perform surveys.
- Has comprehensive knowledge of electronic data collection systems, ensuring all data is accurate, complete, and downloaded on a daily basis.
- Performs the necessary calculations to provide field checks on data acquired.
- Applies knowledge of plane trigonometry and plane coordinate computations to field survey problems.
- Applies knowledge of the mathematical relationship of elements of a horizontal circular curve and its layout.
- Has comprehensive understanding and ability to operate all typical instrumentation found on a field data collection crew to include electronic total stations, electronic levels, GPS, HDS, and other equipment deemed necessary.
- Interprets fractional and metes and bounds legal descriptions.
- Assists in conducting performance evaluations and reviews for supervised personnel.
- Ensures that survey crew conducts itself in a professional, responsible manner at all times.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- High school diploma (or equivalent) plus eight years related experience OR an associate's degree in a related technical field plus six years related experience is required.
- Experience should include four years as Party Chief or similar role.
- Interest in pursuing a Geomatics degree highly desirable.
- Must possess strong math skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to give training and work direction to others.
- Ability to interpret legal descriptions and engineering drawings.
- CST Level IV and/or LSIT preferred.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs