Survey Project Manager
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Austin, Texas Office Geomaticist Group as a Survey Project Manager.
Under direction, applies technical professional proficiency to Geomatics work. Establishes and implements field project plans. Performs all aspects of Geomatics including field surveys, raw data reduction, field calculations, CAD drafting, GIS data collection, research, and error analysis. Directs and mentors junior professionals.
- Plans, directs and supervises various aspects of surveying to include planning field work and overseeing and reviewing office work and related activities.
- Coordinates survey work with both internal disciplines and external consultants and subcontractors.
- Reviews and approves survey computations and drawings for technical accuracy and quality control.
- Prepares and/or reviews proposals, billing reports and legal descriptions.
- May perform on-site observations and reviews on projects of unusual or complicated nature.
- Manages a variety of Survey projects.
- Travels to survey sites as required by project.
- Analyzes survey data and establishes boundaries.
- Renders expert opinion to sign and seal, or may sign and seal if authorized by appropriate state license.
- May be required to provide expert testimony in court cases concerning surveying-related matters.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree plus seven years related experience OR an associate's degree in a related technical field plus fifteen years related experience OR high school diploma (or equivalent) plus seventeen years related experience is required.
- Math/trigonometry computation ability; knowledge of CAD software; knowledge of ArcGIS; good communications skills (verbal and written, including technical writing); analytical ability; proactive attitude; ability to innovate and improvise.
- Ability to make logical on the fly decisions based on a Geomatics background.
- Ability to speak another language in addition to English is strongly preferred.
- Ability to operate as a one person field unit.
- Ability to operate field equipment, calculator, computer, CAD based software, and GIS based software.
- Ability to interpret legal descriptions and field notes. Ability to effectively communicate findings, make recommendations, and work with people.
- Ability to compose clear and concise reports and legal descriptions.
- RLS/PLS Required.
- Texas LS Preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles