Surveying Instrument Operator
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Houston, TX Surveying Group as a Survey Instrument Operator.
Under direct supervision, operates the more complex technical survey instruments to obtain data pertaining to area measurements for use in boundary, topographic, hydrographic, land development and construction surveys. May also assist the supervisor in the direction of other crew members.
- Ability to use all survey instruments, keep well-organized field notes and other records, and perform all associated mathematical calculations.
- Utilizes all survey instruments and tools, calculator, field books, plans and plats.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) plus four years related experience OR an Associates Degree in a related technical field plus two years related experience is required.
- Interest in pursuing Geomatics degree highly desirable.
- Must possess good math skills, and solid knowledge of all field survey instruments and measurement procedures.
- Job requires good interpersonal skills and ability to follow directions and work as part of a team.
- CST Level II preferred.
- Must be able to travel to project locations throughout Texas for durations from a day trip to as long as two weeks.
- Anticipated travel is approximately 25% of a typical year.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles