Use your power for a sustainable nuclear future.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? Do you have an interest in all things outdoor? Would you like to live on the edge of the Lake District National Park? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Working within our Nuclear and Power business in Warrington or Whitehaven, you will be working on projects of national and international significance, at the forefront of the decommissioning legacy nuclear plants. You will undertake building and land measured surveys for exciting and varied packages of work. You’ll interface with our engineers whilst developing your technical skills and management expertise in delivering results that delight your client. You will demonstrate innovation and efficiency in your approach and support the business develop its surveying capability. You will cultivate strong working relationships with clients, working with confidence and professionalism at the heart of modern engineering solutions.
- Acquisition of Survey data.
- Plan, organise, direct, and control a survey from initial client request to client delivery.
- Prepare relevant safety paperwork i.e. Method statements, Risk Assessments, Work Package Plans, Task Briefing sheets as required.
- Plan and organise all site access permissions needs.
- Work with colleagues to capture client requirements and liaise on technical and general project aspects.
- Undertake and supervise sitework using Total stations, Digital Levels, GNNS receivers, Laser Scanners and other surveying technology as requested.
- Processing and registration of surveying data.
- Undertake self-checking and checking of surveys for others.
- Produce a variety of survey reports to client requirements.
- Deliver data to the client.
- Keep abreast of current survey practice and development.
- Support colleagues across the Atkins group to develop people personally as well as develop proposals for new work.
What you can bring:
You will be motivated and proactive with a willingness to learn and adapt. You’ll be able to work both independently and as part of a team and possess good interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively verbally, visually and in writing.
- Experience as Assistant Surveyor.
- Competent in the use of surveying equipment including Total stations, Digital Levels, GNNS receivers, Laser Scanners.
- Competent in the processing of survey data using industry standard software packages.
- An excellent attention to detail.
- A flexible approach to site work including a willingness to undertake surveys at times when access to assets is possible, including night shifts and weekend working.
- A willingness to learn and adapt.
- A willingness to support the development of colleagues those in early careers such as apprenticeships and graduates.
- Good verbal, visual and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Building Information Modelling (BIM) processes and techniques.
- Production of digital 3d models.
- Experience in leading a survey team undertaking field work.
- Familiarity with UAV’s (Drones).
Why work for Atkins?
The UK is the first major economy to legislate for a Net Zero target by 2050. To achieve this, our Nuclear & Power business are ensuring a mix of secure and sustainable energies that can meet our industry and lifestyle demands today, and in 30 years' time. We help to power our world through exciting new technologies and intelligent cybersecurity systems on projects that vary greatly in size, scope, and scale. So, you'll be creating the right safe and resilient systems across nuclear power, renewables, decarbonization development, new builds, and energy efficiency.
We value your diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive – no exceptions. You'll be part of a culture committed to finding new talent from underrepresented groups. We're Disability Confident, an Inclusive Employer, and support STEM Returners. We also want to see more women in senior roles at Atkins. In the energy sector, we've signed up to the AXIS Pledge, promising to make equal pay, equal leadership, and equal opportunities a reality.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy “Total Reward,” a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career, and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can adjust ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially at Recruitment@atkinsglobal.com.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge, and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
Travel to other Atkins premises and client sites may be necessary. You should be willing to work flexibly and outside of normal working hours to satisfy the requirements of the role. You may be required to work away from home for periods of at least six months.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs