TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
- Maintain and verify provided control network
- Ensure equipment is maintained and calibrated
- Read and interpret construction drawings.
- Lay-out critical structures for projects.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS) & Total Station (Leica).
- Interact with project managers and project coordinators and survey team to provide on-time information, and solve problems to site-related issues.
- Provide As-Builts for project payments.
- Complete quantity comparisons between models and AS-Built conditions.
- Complete quantity takeoffs from computer models.
- Coordinate and undertake planning and implementation of survey requirements to facilitate construction activities
- Maintain accurate survey records, documentation and stamped submittals
- Working mostly outdoors in the elements including inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Working within tight deadlines.
- Long Hours.
Education & Skills:
- Post-secondary education in Surveying or Geomatics
- Knowledge of survey practices and standards
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction surveying industry
- Strong computer skills and proficient in the use of office, data, surveying and engineering based software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational skill
- Knowledge of engineering design and survey methods
- Ability to conceptualize 2D and 3D information.
- GPS and total station experience required
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Driver’s license (Class G).
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences