This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Connect Plus Services (CPS) is a joint venture contract made up of Balfour Beatty Civil Engineering, Atkins and Egis. The contract maintains and operates the M25 DBFO including surrounding roads on behalf of the Highways Agency and provides an excellent opportunity to work on one of the busiest networks in Europe.
The Structures Asset comprises over 2400 individual highway structures ranging from small span structures to the QEII Bridge at the Dartford River Crossing.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are looking for a Sustainability Assistant to join our vibrant, innovative Environmental Team working on a wide array of projects across a diverse array of habitats. You will be undertaking environmental assessments; materials and waste assessments, assisting the Sustainability Manager with the collation of waste and carbon data.
· Assist with the collation of materials, waste, travel and fuel data from contractors to enable accurate and timely carbon submissions to the Client
· Undertake material and waste assessment on engineering schemes
· Assist with the organisation of the Sustainability Forum
· Support the delivery of the Sustainable Development Action Plan and Sustainability Strategy
· Support the delivery of Social Value at Connect Plus Services
· Assist with the management of Site Waste Management Plans on engineering schemes
· Liaising with all staff members to support on Environmental and Sustainability issues
· Undertake Simple Environmental Impact Assessment to assist with DBFO’s Network Renewal Schemes Development & Delivery process,
· Contribute to the compilation of environmental management documentation as part of our ISO14001 system,
· Support and process information required to respond to enquiries ensuring that all incidents and requests are responded to in an appropriate and timely manner in line with CPS policies and procedures,
· Assist with Air Quality Monitoring
· Undertake depot and site audits
Qualifications / Skills / Experience:
· Minimum of a degree in a relevant environmental science with minimum of two years of work within the sustainability field.
· Full UK driving licence
· Understanding of the Environmental Impact Assessment process
· Knowledge of ISO14001 and Environmental Management Systems
· Some industry experience preferable but not mandatory
· Competent in Microsoft Office Applications
Working Arrangements (Need for travel etc.):
· Current UK driving licence
· Travel around M25 network
· To be based in CPS offices at Dartford (preferred) or Leatherhead, with some travel around the M25 network.
Our Latest Articles