System Safety and Assurance Engineer
System Safety and Assurance Engineer
This position is based out of our office in Toronto, ON and reports to Manager, Safety & Systems Assurance. It is responsible for the engineering work required to manage the complex engineering of systems, sub-systems and components of a rail transit project in accordance with international standards. In this role there will be opportunities to develop skills and experience in Systems Engineering and Systems Assurance disciplines.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field, and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world. Within Canada, our Rail & Transit team has been selected to design and deliver most of the recent Greenfield and Brownfield LRT, ALRT and Light Metro jobs awarded in the last 10 years including the Canada Line, Calgary West LRT, Edmonton North LRT, the Evergreen Line and the Confederation Line. We are actively working on delivering the Trillium Line (Ottawa), Le Réseau express métropolitain (Montreal) and Eglinton-Crosstown (Toronto) and have a number of other projects at the proposal stage or awaiting award.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provide high quality consultancy services to the rail industry in the field of Safety and Assurance
- Assess safety and create risk assessments, hazard analysis and hazard logs
- Deliver assurance, certification and safety activities, supporting rail businesses, governments and organizations.
- Conduct and review of RAMS analyses such as FMECA, Fault Tree Analysis, Reliability Block Diagrams
- Contribute to developing strategies to grow the Safety and Assurance service offering.
- Manage aspects of assignments undertaken including client management, estimating, tendering, planning, resource management and execution
- Ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with SNC-Lavalin procedures and corporate requirements, including the Quality Management System and the Safety Management System
- Ensure quality of service meets defined targets and that all staff promote a customer focus as a key tenet of their behaviour and that they proactively work to exceed the expectations of all of their clients
- Support of Systems Assurance processes and documentation
- Interaction with Design Technical Leads
- Support for System Engineering/V&V/ Requirements Management teams in the delivery of mass transit, urban rail and heavy freight signalling and control systems
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from a recognized university qualified with a minimum 5 years relevant experience in a rail or safety assurance
- P.Eng designation in ON (or ability to obtain in ON)
- Experience in developing and documenting Safety and Assurance arguments across the complete asset / project lifecycle
- Knowledge of project management practices, processes and principles, and experience of putting them into action is an asset
- Application of CENELEC, FTA Handbook for Safety & Security Certification, or MIL-STd-882e is an asset
- Track record of assisting technical business functions and/or project teams within a design, engineering, engineering-construction or consultancy context
- Experience of multi-disciplinary technical environments
- Excellent written, presentation and communication/briefing skills; able to present to audiences of peers
- Excellent relationship skills; able to build trust and advocacy with others and engage staff and address issues effectively
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs