A Systems Analyst is required immediately in a client facing role to enable SNC-Lavalin Atkins successful Digital Services team to continue to expand and deliver our growing client and product activities within Rail, Transport and other industry sectors.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and support their colleagues within the Digital Services team on a variety of existing and future client facing software development and on-going support opportunities
- Work within a successful team to continuously improve and refine their and the team’s skills and capabilities in the fields of systems analysis, project management, software design and software testing
- Deliver project and on-going end-user support commitments to the agreed quality, timescales and cost to meet and, where possible, exceed client expectations
- Support the Digital Services team and the rest of SNC-Lavalin to achieve its sales, productivity and profitability targets
- Lead and support bid production and estimating activities to secure new client opportunities
- Take the responsibility of product owner for some services, managing maintenance and defining service roadmaps for ongoing development
- As a project manager, be responsible for the overall delivery of projects using established tools, processes and compliant with quality and governance requirements
The successful candidate must have the following skills and capabilities:
- Professional attitude, presentation and mindset in order to represent SNC-Lavalin Atkins as a consultant. A proactive attitude that is likely to win the respect of clients and colleagues
- An inquisitive, logical and structured thought process
- Proven ability to efficiently capture, analyse and document, business and user requirements to enable development and implementation of the required digital solutions
- Ability to make clear recommendations on a sound evidence base to a wide range of colleagues and clients.
- Ability to deliver written documents free from error and to a consistently high standard
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, balancing short-term priorities whilst delivering agreed longer-term commitments
- Friendly and personable. Keen to lead and support team members on client projects
- Reliable and consistent delivery of agreed commitments to the agreed deadlines in accordance with defined Quality, Safety and Environmental processes
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal, written and comprehension)
- Degree educated or relevant practical experience in a comparable role
The following are desirable only. The successful candidate will be supported to gain and grow these skills over time within the Digital Services team and potentially the wider business.
- A relevant professional qualification or actively working towards one
- Demonstratable understanding and experience of using the agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Experience of leading or supporting the production of commercial bids, robustly estimate the cost of work and identify relevant technical risks
- Experience of system design methodologies
- Experience of leading and project managing client facing web-based and / or mobile software development activities
- Experience of coordinating on-going client facing helpdesk service support activities
- Experience of product ownership and driving forward product development in line with a defined roadmap
Our Latest Articles