Systems Assurance Support - TransitNEXT
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
Our Rail & Transit Engineering team deliver systems solutions that include alignment and track, traction power and distribution, signaling and train control, and communications. One of the key components of our systems delivery is Systems Engineering encompassing the engineering work required to manage the complex engineering of systems, sub-systems and components of a rail transit project in accordance with international standards; in light of our current and future workloads, our Systems Interface Management directorate is looking for a Systems Engineering EIT, reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager in Ottawa. To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
• Development of Systems Engineering processes and documentation
• Providing Support to the Requirements Management processes
• Supporting the Systems Integration processes
• Supporting the Safety Assurance processes.
• Support of Systems Delivery processes
• Interaction with Design Technical Leads
• Interaction with Construction Delivery Leads
• Interaction with O&M/M&R Support Leads
• Support of construction and installation activities in the field
• Support for Test & Commissioning and setting to work of mass transit, urban rail and heavy freight signaling and control systems
• Support for System Assurance/V&V teams in the delivery of mass transit, urban rail and heavy freight signaling and control systems.
• Essential – Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology with a minimum 2 years relevant experience.
• Eligible for EIT registration
• Essential – Good team player in a mixed team of systems engineering and system integration professionals
• Essential – Able to take part in discussions with the team members and peers
• Desirable – Experience with system engineering knowledge and expertise in this domain
• Desirable – Knowledge of system engineering practices and processes,
• Experience of multi-disciplinary technical environments and people supervision.
• Excellent written, presentation and communication/briefing skills; able to present to audiences of peers.
• Excellent relationship skills; able to build trust and advocacy with others
• Excellent interpersonal skills; able to engage staff and address issues effectively.
• Highly desirable - Good MS Office skills
• Must be willing to travel to project sites
• Must be willing to travel to vendor locations
• Must be able to work away from home for periods of time
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.