Systems Element Manager
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Dallas, TX Rail & Transit Group as a Systems Element Manager.
Under direction, applies full competency in conventional engineering work and broad knowledge of precedents in specialty area. On design assignments, understands how to clearly convey the design intent to engineering drawings and specifications. On assignments involving engineering investigations and planning work, has a firm grasp of the fundamentals of engineering processes and their application to operating systems. On projects involving engineering services related to construction activities, has developed a thorough understanding of construction methods and the manner in which engineering drawings and specifications are translated into the constructed product. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Perform the duties of the System Element Manager (SEM) responsible for the technical oversight of the design and coordination of systems, including traction electrification, signals, communications, central control, system civil elements, and fare collection.
- Assist the Design and Construction Manager in the execution of the contracted work.
- Assist in reviewing and resolving systems elements issues as well as systems related RFI's, submittals and progress reports.
- Contract close-out duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers who compensate for lack of P.E. through 10 or more years of experience since Bachelor's degree
- Good technical writing and communications skills.
- May be eligible to receive project management training.
- Anticipated period of performance will be October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020 inclusive.
- The work assignment will be at client field office, or other location as determined by the client.
- Designated work hours are anticipated to be 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and may vary as necessary to support project activities, including night work or weekend work, as determined by the client
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles