Systems Engineer EIT
Systems Engineer EIT
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Assist with the development of Rail Systems Costing Models for Design, Build, Operations and Maintenance activities.
- Assist with the development of technical work plans to input into pricing efforts.
- Assist with the development of preliminary costing data for bids and proposals.
- Provide support for the development of bids, administration, and coordination of the growth efforts of the rail and transit division through rail technical knowledge.
- Support of Systems Engineering processes and Systems Delivery processes.
- Interact with Design Technical Leads, Construction Delivery Leads and O&M/M&R Support Leads.
- Assist with the development of data mining protocols for various data streams from existing projects and operations.
- Assist in the development of proposal budgets.
- Assist in the development of risk assessments to ensure that the exposure to risk is fully compatible with the Company’s requirements and prepare supporting material with the project management team to ensure a thorough representation can be made to the Corporate Risk Committees.
- Establish and maintain positive business relationships with clients, partners and outside firms through the development of the proposal.
What will you contribute?
- 2 years experience with system integration knowledge and expertise in this domain.
- Registered or eligible for registration with PEO.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in system integration processes and principles,
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Strong written, presentation and communication/briefing skills; able to present to audiences of peers.
- Strong relationship skills; able build trust and advocacy with others.
- Knowledge of system integration practices and processes.
- Good team player in a mixed team of systems integration and system engineering professionals.
- Able to take part in discussions with the team member and peers.
- Experience of technical environments.
- Excellent written, presentation and communication/briefing skills; able to present to audiences of peers.
- Strong relationship building skills; able build trust and advocacy with others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to engage staff.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs