Atkins Aerospace is a progressive and expanding part of the Atkins Business, a Member of SNC Lavalin Group. We provide high end technical and project management services to the prime aerospace companies. We are a strategic supplier to Airbus and, as such, we are involved in some of the most challenging and exciting aerospace projects in the world including the A380, A320 Single Aisle, A330 and A350XWB aircraft programmes
- To lead and undertake Engineering activities covering a broad variety of Landing Gear Systems & Equipment Engineering tasks, delivering integrated technical solutions related to landing gear structure, braking, steering, extension and retraction systems.
- To ensure all engineering activities are in line with cascaded requirements and verified to demonstrate compliance with applicable airworthiness regulations and design requirements.
- Manage System/equipment related modifications from initial definition to certification.
- Lead complex activities covering all parts of equipment development, covering both Systems and Equipment tasks.
- To lead a project team of mid-level/junior engineers interfacing with Aircraft Manufacturers and Landing Gear System & Equipment vendors to ensure the development of an integrated technical solution.
- Ensuring adherence to budget and schedule for each task managing and mitigating risks/opportunities and communicating in a timely manner.
- Provide a responsive, customer focused service to external and internal clients
- Interface with external customers/suppliers on technical aspects
- Conducting technical investigations and root cause analysis
- Develop technical solutions and recommendations for in service issues
- Modifications to existing Landing Gear Structure and Systems Equipment
- Assessment of supplier documentation to support certification activities.
- Participate actively in design reviews.
- Support Validation and Verification activities using DOORS.
- Prepare technical reports to show compliance to the applicable certification requirements.
- Create design office documentation such as technical reports, specification requirements, test procedures and certification documents.
- Provide ad-hoc support to production and flight test.
- Provide ad-hoc support to Customer Services Engineering and Product Safety.