Systems Engineering Designer
Systems Engineering Designer
Reporting to the manager of Retube, Inspection & Maintenance Systems (RIMS) Systems Engineering group, candidates will be highly motivated self-starters who can carry out tasks associated with retubing and/or field services of CANDU nuclear power stations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Comprehensive Work Package in cooperation with construction and engineering.
- Assist in the development of tooling designs, maintenance activities for tooling systems and custom design of test apparatus.
- Design and implement modifications to existing tooling systems.
- Troubleshoot and find solutions to problems with tooling systems.
- Ensure compliance with all requirements for fabrication, installation, construction of modifications including those in CSA N286.3 and CAN/CSA-N285.06
- Identify, report, and secure approval for deviations from the design documents as they occur.
- Provide assurance that design and manufacturing activities are performed in accordance with written and approved policy, standards, programs and applicable procedures.
- Prepare technical documents, drawings, specifications and reports.
- Participate in field implementations of the tooling systems.
- Occasionally perform duties in a radiation environment.
- Maintain high standards related to final product quality
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelors in Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Chemical or Civil/Structural)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both oral and written) skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills in communicating with a large team
- Organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task/ Service orientated
- Thrive on a fast paced-environment
- Various work location in both field and office
- Travel as necessary
- Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs