Systems Field Installation Coordinator (Rail)
Systems Field Installation Coordinator (Rail)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why SNC Lavalin?
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world. Within Canada, our Rail & Transit team has been selected to design and deliver most of the recent Greenfield and Brownfield LRT, ALRT and Light Metro jobs awarded in the last 10 years including the Canada Line, Calgary West LRT, Edmonton North LRT, the Evergreen Line, the Confederation Line and Eglinton-Crosstown. We are actively working on delivering the Confederation Line (Ottawa) and Eglinton-Crosstown (Toronto) and have a number of other projects at the proposal stage or awaiting award.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Supporting projects acting as an interface between the design team and construction teams to support the installation of communication systems equipment such as: network/CAT cabling, fibre-optic networks, fire alarm systems, in building radio and Wi-Fi systems, PA and passenger information systems, telephony, building management/automation, access control/intrusion detection, Closed Circuit Television, and SCADA;
- Review and respond to and track Requests for Information (RFIs), and requests for clarification from construction teams;
- Perform site inspections to ensure that work is being performed in compliance with applicable standards, design specifications and drawings;
- Document site inspections and prepare site visit reports for submission to the construction team and client;
- Review and assist with modification of design/design drawings as required due to construction related issues;
- Support for Testing & Commissioning and setting to work of mass transit, urban rail, and heavy freight communications, information, and control systems.
What will you contribute?
Skills & Experience:
- Experienced in Communications/Control System equipment installations preferably for transit project systems;
- Experience working on active construction sites in a supervision or coordinator role;
- Experienced in dealing with mixed staff design teams concurring to the generation of design documents, construction drawings and submissions;
- Knowledge of codes and standards including Canadian Electrical Code, Ontario Building Code, TIA standards are an asset;
- Accustomed to operating within a multi-disciplinary project structure with responsibility for Systems project engineering;
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited direct supervision;
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects at one time;
- Able to interact with senior staff and clients as the point of interface;
- Experience preparing, reading and interpreting design drawings;
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and dynamic schedules;
- Able to work in design office, project office and field environments;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction/installation of Communications/Control Systems in Transit, Industrial Automation, Complex Buildings or similar environments;
- Must be willing to travel to project sites and have a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel to vendor locations
- Must be able to work away from home for periods of time
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technologist Diploma required, preferably in an Engineering field (Electrical/Computer/Mechanical), or related Program
- Experience in a Quality Assurance role is an asset, not required
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs