Systems Integration Manager
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Dallas, TX Rail & Transit Group as a Systems Integration Manager.
Under direction, applies full competency in conventional engineering work and broad knowledge of precedents in specialty area. On design assignments, understands how to clearly convey the design intent to engineering drawings and specifications. On assignments involving engineering investigations and planning work, has a firm grasp of the fundamentals of engineering processes and their application to operating systems. On projects involving engineering services related to construction activities, has developed a thorough understanding of construction methods and the manner in which engineering drawings and specifications are translated into the constructed product. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Supporting Senior Manager Startup and Integrated Testing under direction of the Director of Systems Safety and Certification.
- Manages the Systems Integration Group (S1G) responsible for integration testing and start-up for all rail based transportation construction projects, to verify, validate and evaluate that the system is constructed and designed to operate safely and in accordance with contract standards and specifications.
- Reviewing facilities and systems design submittals for conformance to requirements. Generate, and enter comments, utilizing the Client's Design Review Process. Scope of reviews includes systems safety and security, systems and civil interfaces, and operations and maintenance.
- Review team members’ comments to ensure compliance.
- Follow-up on disposition of design review comments and participate in Senior
- Management Review's to resolve disputed comments.
- Coordinates, chairs and attends Systems/Facilities interface meetings and follow-up on all open interfaces during the design and construction stages to effectively integrate the LRF and Commuter Rail expansion programs.
- Conducting (if applicable), participate, prepare meeting minutes (if applicable), and follow up on action items to effectively integrate the LRT and Commuter Rail expansion programs.
- Reviewing all O&M Manuals for compliance with contract requirements, document, and transmit review comments.
- Meet with DART Project Owners, RCM, COR, etc. to provide clarification and resolve any disputed comments or issues.
- Participating in systems and facilities pre-final and final inspections.
- Supporting FTA/PMOC/Monthly Progress reports as requested.
- Acting on behalf of the Senior Manager Systems Integration & Start-up during his/her absence.
- Performing other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers who compensate for lack of P.E. through 10 or more years of experience since Bachelor's degree
- Good technical writing and communications skills.
- May be eligible to receive project management training.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles