Systems Requirement Specialist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why SNC Lavalin?
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world. Within Canada, our Rail & Transit team has been selected to design and deliver most of the recent Greenfield and Brownfield LRT, ALRT and Light Metro jobs awarded in the last 10 years including the Canada Line, Calgary West LRT, Edmonton North LRT, the Evergreen Line, the Confederation Line and Eglinton-Crosstown. We are actively working on delivering the Confederation Line (Ottawa) and Eglinton-Crosstown (Toronto) and have a number of other projects at the proposal stage or awaiting award.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Manage the Development of Systems Project Management & Engineering processes and documentation
- Manage the Requirements Management Processes
- Perform Requirements Management tasks in the IBM DOORS database
- Work within the RM team to capture, prioritize, trace and document project requirements
- Perform analysis on technical requirements and specifications from Project Agreements
- Participate in technical interviews with project staff, partners, clients, designers and project specialists to analyze project requirements
- Perform other requirements and compliance management tasks as required
- Manage Interface Register creation and maintained through the project
- Manage Systems Breakdown Structure creation and maintain through the project development
- Manage Systems Integration processes and documentation
- Manage Systems Engineering process and documentation
- Manage Systems Delivery processes and documentation
- Manage Systems Integration Plan and System Integration Test Procedures
- Manage Key Systems Performance Indicators Tracking and maintaining
- Manage Systems deliverable coordination process
- Interaction with Design Management and Technical Leads
- Interaction with Construction Management and Delivery Leads
- Interaction with O&M/M&R Management and Manage Leads
- Manage for System Assurance/V&V teams in the delivery of mass transit, urban rail and heavy freight
What will you contribute?
Essential Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of project management and engineering standards, practices and processes, and experience of putting them into action as related to requirements management
- Very good communication skills
- Tracking Key Performance Indicators for Project(s)
- Excellent MS Office skills especially with Word and Excel
- Excellent written, presentation and communication/briefing skills
- Experience of Managing Systems Integration plans and processes
- Relevant professional qualifications with a minimum of 8 years of similar experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-disciplinary team delivering projects with variety of complexity and scope
- DOORS software experience mandatory
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Excellent networking and client relationship management skills
- Manage weekly status of the Key project drivers and deliverable
- Manage Systems Breakdown structure of the systems
- Manage Project Systems Interface Register
- MS Project
- Knowledge of managing tender activities
- P.Eng preferred
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com