Our Rail & Transit Engineering team deliver systems solutions that include alignment and track, traction power and distribution, signalling and train control, and communications. One of the key components of our systems delivery is Systems Integration encompassing the engineering work required to manage and deliver the integration of systems, sub-systems and components of a rail transit project; in light of our current and future workloads, our Systems Interface Management directorate is looking for Systems Engineers, reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager in Vancouver. To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Development of Systems Engineering processes and documentation
- Support of Systems Integration processes and documentation
- Support of Systems Delivery processes and documentation
- Support of Requirements Management processes
- Interaction with Design Management and Technical Leads
- Interaction with Construction Management and Delivery Leads
- Interaction with O&M/M&R Management and Support Leads
- Support of construction and installation activities in the field
- Support for Test & Commissioning and setting to work of mass transit, urban rail and heavy freight signalling and control systems
- Support for System Assurance/V&V teams in the delivery of mass transit, urban rail and heavy freight signalling and control systems.
We are looking for engineers with an enthusiasm for complex multidisciplinary rail projects, who enjoy problem solving and finding solutions that meet the requirements of multiple stakeholders. If you are a technical specialist in any part of the railway industry and have a general understanding of how the railway works as a system then you are the type of person we want to join our Systems Engineering team.
Skills and Experiences
- Essential – Degree qualified with a minimum 6 years relevant experience.
- Highly Desirable – Experience across a variety of light rail, metro and commuter railway systems, with specific project and system engineering knowledge and expertise in this domain
- Highly Desirable – Knowledge of system engineering practices and processes, and experience of putting them into action
- Highly Desirable – Knowledge of system integration practices, processes and principles, and experience of putting them into action.
- Highly Desirable – Able to lead a team of systems integration and system engineering professionals
- Highly Desirable – Able to lead discussions with the partners, clients and suppliers and to interact with senior discipline staff as overall delivery lead
- Essential – Excellent MS Office skills, especially Excel and Word
- Experience of multi-disciplinary technical environments, people management and financial management.
- Excellent written, presentation and communication/briefing skills; able to present to large audiences of industry experts.
- Excellent networking and client relationship management skills; able to influence and manage key stakeholders and build trust and advocacy with clients.
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills; able to engage staff and address difficult issue effectively and fairly.
- Must be willing to travel to project sites
- Must be willing to travel to vendor locations
- Must be able to work away from home for periods of time
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- P.Eng designation is highly desirable
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies. Our Rail & Transit Engineering Unit is responsible for the development and execution of large transportation infrastructure projects valued at several billion. We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
Our Latest Articles