Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees think beyond engineering. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction management, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients across the EDPM (engineering, design and project management), Infrastructure, Nuclear, and Resources businesses.
Join our SNC-Lavalin team, and you’ll be a part of a diverse, ambitious business with a strong team spirit.
For more than 40 years in Australia, our people have been carving out rewarding careers on award winning projects. We think beyond engineering and push the boundaries of innovation for our clients across all major markets; oil & gas, mining & metallurgy, infrastructure and renewables.
SNC-Lavalin is built on our core values of Safety, Integrity, Collaboration and Innovation. Our people drive results and are helping our clients transform their projects from vision into reality. Working with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams we provide consultancy, design, engineering through to self-perform construction, completions & commissioning and operations & maintenance, all underpinned by our digital know-how.
About the Opportunity
We are pleased to be working with our client to safely deliver a virtual server environment across multiple onshore and offshore oil & gas facilities. An exciting opportunity is available for a contract Systems Engineer / Telecommunications Engineer to assist in the completion of this project. Your background will cover full telecommunications systems lifecycle management from concept to design, installation and commissioning through to supporting the maintenance function whilst operational.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Working within the small project delivery team to assist with
- Virtualisation of multiple standalone operational Telecommunications systems
- Planning and coordination of system migration from physical to virtual servers
- Updating of various design documentation for system migrations
- Preparation of test procedure documentation
- Post-migration commissioning activities
- Vendor engagement and project coordination
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience designing diverse industrial operational IT/Telecommunications infrastructure in the resources industry
- Bachelor of Communications/Electronic Engineering or IT equivalent
- Excellent written communication skills
- Oil & Gas industry experience
- Experience supporting operational systems in an oil and gas environment including Security Access Control, Meteorological Systems, Emergency Voice Recorder, and CCTV
- Knowledge of virtual server architecture
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN infrastructure and Firewall operation and configuration
About the Benefits
We offer rewarding careers to people who want to be part of our great stories and remarkable achievements.
SNC-Lavalin’s business offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with a great team environment.
We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
Why join our team?
Located in 13 countries across the Asia Pacific region, SNC-Lavalin operates through its brands, SNC-Lavalin, Kentz and Atkins and our people have worked, and continue to work, on some of the region’s most iconic projects. So join today as a career with us opens up a world of possibilities - being part of a global organisation of over 50,000 employees opportunities await you to collaborate with colleagues on international projects or use your skills and knowledge to create a winning combination for our clients across our other markets.
We’re focused on creating an inclusive, supportive workplace that will enable you to develop and thrive. You’ll work alongside some of the leaders in your field, with opportunities to reach your potential through training and professional development.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs