This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a Task Lead to join the nuclear team in Oak Ridge, TN.
Responsible for preparing work packages and conducting pre-job briefings for all personnel to be involved in the work. Ensures that work is completed in accordance with the approved work package and Job Hazard Evaluation (JHE).
• Manages the configuration management process for design change for each work package.
• Briefs shift supervisor on the work package if he/she was not present at the pre-job briefing.
• Conducts post-job brief to include any lessons learned that would be helpful in performing same or similar jobs in the future.
• Ensures that work activities are performed in accordance with work packages.
• Ensures that the personnel performing work tasks are properly trained and qualified.
• Manages the task/project within scope, schedule and budget or available funding.
• Coordinates and manages resources to complete work.
• Provides performance feedback to team members.
• Follows all applicable regulations for a Category 2 Nuclear Facility
• Performs all work effectively, efficiently, safely and securely in support of organizational goals and objectives.
• Supports activities on assigned tasks and responds to emergency situations, alarms or occurrences in an appropriate manner when trained to do so.
• Manages and completes assigned tasks and projects to achieve established goals within time and resource restrictions, providing in-process feedback on opportunities for improvement.
• Ensures work packages are closed out, including testing and administrative requirements.
• Ensures materials/parts are ordered to support assigned tasks.
• Develops work schedules and plans and holds planning meetings.
• Provides input and helps resolve conflicts.
• Serves as the project manager for assigned maintenance and modification projects. Establishes scope, prepares budget and enacts the modifications.
• Establishes and ensures an open and supportive working environment where staff reports issues and concerns without fear of retribution.
• Stops work without fear of reprisal for unsafe conditions potentially affecting personnel safety or environmental risk.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Ability to perform construction and operations as it relates to nuclear processes
• Ability to coordinate and manage multiple resources in support of a nuclear project
• Ability to prepare work control documents for scope tasks
High School Diploma
Three years nuclear experience
US Citizenship is required
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs