SNC-Lavalin is going through an exciting period of change. A Canadian listed engineering and construction firm, on July 2017 they acquired the UK engineering consultancy Atkins bringing with it a great opportunity to re-position the SNC-Lavalin brand in the eyes of our markets and ahead of our competitors. The combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-L’s offerings combined give us the opportunity to continue our growth. The future of engineering and construction is in the greater use of data, combined with technologies to deliver our services more efficiently and bring different offerings to our clients. From apps, virtual reality and artificial intelligence, to mobility as a service and digital asset management, we are combining our traditional engineering skills with technology to fundamentally change the way we do things.
SNCL Tax currently have an opportunity for a Tax Specialist in our Warrington office, reporting to the Transfer Pricing and Global Compliance Manager.
Overview of Key Responsibilities
• Assist in preparation of Research and Development tax credit claims, including providing training and responding to ad hoc R&D queries from the business
• Monitor compliance with local transfer pricing regulations and prepare transfer pricing documentation
• Support the Group’s OECD Country-by-Country Reporting process
• Assistance with tax reporting and forecasting
• Monitoring of aspects of Global tax compliance
• Support on ad-hoc tax queries/projects
Experience beneficial to be successful for this role
• Qualified ACA/ACCA and/or CTA/AAT (essential)
• Experience of Research and Development tax credits
• Experience/knowledge in transfer pricing, including an understanding of OECD guidelines on transfer pricing as well as knowledge of the related accounting and tax requirements
• Knowledge and experience in IFRS Group reporting & tax accounting
• IT experienced – strong spreadsheet and data manipulation skills
• Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines, this will require you to flex your working hours at peak times throughout the tax year
• Willingness to learn and develop technical knowledge
• Demonstrate strong research and documentation skills
• Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
• Calm and efficient under pressure
• Professional and team-orientated
• Ability to communicate to a broad range of stakeholders
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.