Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure.
The tax specialist will be part of the Montreal head office tax team, composed of more than 25 professionals.
The tax specialist will be responsible for various international tax compliance and tax reporting tasks for all international entities in the corporate group. This specialist will support the tax managers with international tax planning initiatives in the dynamic setting of our global company.
SNC-Lavalin is large enough to offer challenging and varied tasks, while the tax team is small enough that a single person has autonomy and can make an impact. If you are curious, have strong team spirit and are looking for a compelling place to work, do not hesitate to apply.
Responsibilities & Learning Opportunities:
You will assist with the international tax reporting process;
• You will learn how to review and perform risk assessment on international income tax accounts which will be published in the Financial Statements. You will work collaboratively with our global offices for information gathering and with our local consolidation, treasury and IT teams to deliver the tax financial result.
You will assist with the preparation of transfer pricing documentation, including forms T106, country-by-country reporting and Comparable Uncontrolled Price analysis;
• You will learn to manage, organize and analyze large volumes of information. You will learn the basics of transfer pricing and gain an understanding how the business works together on a global scale by understanding the intercompany transactions.
You will perform foreign accrual property income (FAPI) analysis; prepare and review surplus calculations; review foreign affiliate position for T1134 purpose; perform tax research to address various international tax issues; and keep up-to-date with international tax news and changes.
• You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks allowing you to put into practice and strengthen your tax knowledge in various areas of tax. You will be part of a strong team who will be there to guide you and offer on-the-job training.
• Professional accounting designation (CPA) or equivalent background;
• 2-4 years of relevant tax experience (international tax experience is an asset);
• Completion of/or enrollment in Masters of Tax program or CICA In-depth tax course
• Advanced skills using Excel;
• Fluent in English and French (spoken and written);
• Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
To apply online:
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.