Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. Atkins has a vision to shape the future of transportation, to lead where others will follow and to deliver the future of mobility today.
Atkins Transportation Division covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme design and delivery support. Atkins is one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies engaged in numerous high profile projects for Clients in both the Public and Private Sector.
We are currently seeking a part time Team Assistant within our York office. The role is to support members of the Transportation division to ensure they are effective in how they interface with the business and external organisations. The Team Assistant will report directly to the York Office Manager and will be responsible for supporting the division in their day-to-day functions.
The successful applicant shall be based in York.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ad-hoc diary and e-mail management
- Assist with the production of presentations / documents
- Managing internal and external phone calls
- Administration support for bids
- Managing travel arrangements, including international travel, rail, car hire and hotels
- Organise meetings, workshops including booking refreshments and lunches
- Produce relevant supporting documentation for meetings and workshops
- Organise, attend and take minutes for the team
- Organise internal and external webinars / conferences
- Arrange RFS for new starters
- Manage office PPE
- Document library and archiving control
- Manage CV library
- Manage meeting room/ IT set up for weekly O&I Forum
- Invoice and purchase order administration
- Organise training courses
- Manage timesheets
- General administration duties
- Producing and updating Org Charts
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to produce quality documentation
- Good team player and willing to support the team
- Ability to communicate in a concise manner (oral and written) at all levels within the organisation, and to liaise with senior personnel
- A good knowledge of using software packages (Office, Visio, SharePoint, etc.)
- Good organisation skills with ability to manage multiple tasks
- Good time management skills
- Relevant experience in a similar position
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.