Team Leader - Structures Asset Management
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is shaping the future of transportation and we’re looking for talented people to join us in developing and expanding our Digital Asset Management practice. You’ll join at an exciting time with asset management being a key growth theme across both our Transportation and wider businesses.
As the digital world collides with our physical environment, we're facing a wave of opportunity to use our skills in new ways. Our team is seizing this opportunity to grow and shape the industry. We are a team of asset management professionals with rich and diverse professional and personal backgrounds, and we cover all parts of asset management, including, strategic, tactical, analytics, and resilience advice. The projects we work on are varied, dynamic and stimulating, providing plenty of opportunity for new challenges and personal growth.
Asset management is one of Atkins priorities for growth, and we are seeking a Structures Asset Management Team Leader to lead our existing portfolio of projects and significantly grow the business and maximise future opportunities. The person we’re seeking to employ will enjoy leading a portfolio of consultancy projects and will thrive in a busy and innovative environment. Therefore, proven technical expertise, leadership and proven business development skills will be required.
The discipline lead position requires credibility, competence and technical excellence as it will be a role working closely with highway, rail and water clients in a range of structures projects related to asset management. The projects you will lead will range from providing strategic direction to clients in defining and implementing their structures asset management policies, to using data and analysis tools to develop works programmes at the tactical level.
The role will be located at our Birmingham office and regular travel to other UK offices forms part of this role.
- Define our strategic capabilities relative to structures asset management and develop our digital service offer.
- Act as a discipline and technical lead for the delivery of projects related to structures asset management;
- Ensuring project deliverables are prepared on time, within budget and to the highest quality standards;
- Presenting technical solutions to clients and stakeholders;
- Proactively developing and enhancing client relationships with a number of public and private sector clients;
- Developing the talent within the team through coaching and mentoring and supporting their technical career development aspirations;
- Complying with and championing company processes and policies, and ensuring adherence to safety, welfare, quality and environmental requirements.
- Grow the existing team through proactive recruitment, identifying needed skills to ensure capability to deliver and sustaining a strong pipeline of work.
- Chartered Engineer of a relevant professional institution or equivalent;
- Technical expertise in the field of structures asset management with a working knowledge of ISO55000;
- Proven track record of delivering structures asset management projects;
- Experience in managing and delivering projects and meeting client expectations;
- A high expectation of performance for themselves and those they lead;
- Strong communication skills with regards to report writing, presentations and face to face situations (all in respect of clients and team members);
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Understanding of current market and ability to translate client needs into scopes of work and solutions including developments in technology;
- Build sustainable relationships with customers, identifying and developing opportunities and managing these through to new work;
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- A high level of personal initiative, vision and motivation.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles