Technical Contract Administrator
Technical Contract Administrator
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada’s leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Local Operations Manager (LOM), the Technical Contract Administrator (Or Contract Technical Liaison Representative (CTLR) internally) will work with the Ops Manager to (1) report Material Baseline Standard (MBS) management information relating to MWAV equipment and vessels; (2) monitor all MBS requirements, ship schedules, and coordinate with Ship Maintenance Coordinator’s (SMC); and (3) provide FTA and FMF data and reports, as requested by Canada, for performance management of Preventative Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance, Defects and other KPIs available through MIS. The CTLR may also be required to provide information to FTA and FMF personnel on an urgent basis. This position will have an understanding of the budding waterfront management framework, to provide added value in the execution of their duties. The CTLR will also be required to track and update MBS information through DRMIS. The CTLRs will be fluent enough in MIS that the required information about ship’s MBS can be monitored, planned, and presented.
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 3-year marine technical program diploma or certified as a technologist by a recognized provincial, state or federal (national) licensing body or certified to the QL-6 or greater level of military technical training
- Fluent in English and able to communicate verbally and in writing
- A journeyman tradesman or certification as a second class stationary or marine engineer
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in the last ten years in management of vessel maintenance
- Experience as a Ship’s Maintenance Coordinator
- RCN Head of Department Qualification or equivalent in an engineering discipline is considered an asset
TRAINING AND RELATIVE WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Be conversant with MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong delegation and time management skills, with initiative and follow-up capabilities.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety programs.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to provide direction, guidance, and development.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance of Level II.
- Must be familiar with ISSC waterfront activities and be fluent in the use of MIS and DRMIS.
- Project management experience is considered an asset
- Sound understanding of DND internal workings and how it maintenance system works
- Familiarization with ISO 9001, 14001, and 18001
- A working knowledge of the major Classification society Rules, SOLAS and Transport Canada is considered an asset
The candidate must be capable of unrestricted work onboard Navy ships and other DND vessels, climbing vertical ladders, standing for extended periods of time, unrestricted use of PPE including fall arrest equipment and respirators, passing a respirator fit test, working in confined spaces, working at heights, and working in various environmental conditions for extended periods of time.
All candidates are welcome to apply; however, preference will be given to local candidates.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs