Technical Design Manager - Highways
Technical Design Manager - Highways
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, member of SNC Lavalin is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design Consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplinary technical services to the built environment, Atkins Transport Planning are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Consultancy Practice of the Transportation Division of Atkins in India supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the India, UK, Europe, Middle East and North America.
Covid -19 Update for India
We’re committed to our vision of People. Drive. Success!
This implies that our Recruitment team would still be actively involved in the hiring and would contact the deserving candidates, once we start proceeding towards normalcy.
The below mentioned jobs, are open to those who wish to take up new assignments, once the pandemic subsides as we pave way for more futuristic openings, spanning our various disciplines/departments.
The applicants are requested to apply to only one relevant job posting as this would enable the recruiters to screen the applications, comprehensively and then get in touch with them.
Atkins Global Design Centre (GDC) Transportation Business is looking to appoint a Highways Technical Design Manager to support the delivery of complex civil engineering and multidisciplinary designs across a range of major projects.
As the Highways Technical Design Manager, you will lead a large team of designers with the responsibility for guiding this team on all technical matters and perform multi discipline design management and coordination. You will be an experienced practitioner of BIM / Digital technologies, with proven track record of applying these technologies to develop engineering solutions.
This key post will be based out of Bangalore where we have a thriving Atkins office, which serves all Atkins regions across the world. Our portfolio of work continues to grow, and we will offer a challenging and rewarding
opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem-solving skills.
- Supporting technical delivery of civil engineering projects / civil engineering input into multi-disciplinary projects.
- Undertake designs and the production and review of design documentation including 3D Models, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications.
- Supporting the team as required in the development of design solutions as required.
- Compliance with Quality, Safety, Environment and managerial procedures, thus ensuring work produced is technically accurate and delivered in accordance with the appropriate standards.
- Supervise and oversee design, modelling and detailing including production of Civil3D Models and extraction of information directly from the model to form 2D drawings, schedules, setting out, quantities and other deliverables.
- Supporting the preparation of specifications for construction, technical surveys and design.
- Supporting the preparation of tender and contract documentation to various forms of contract.
- Serve as a reviewer and a technical auditor to ensure technical assurance. Undertake self-checking and assist with technical checks of work undertaken by the team.
- Provide quality control for compliance to company/project standards of deliverables.
- Manage the Highways discipline 3D models, review model quality and technical content including clash detection and compliance with the BEP.
- Work with the Information Manager and project teams to assist in the development and implementation of BIM strategies, BIM Execution Plans, workflows and processes on projects in accordance with Atkins Corporate Standards, Client requirements and industry best practice.
- Actively contribute to project design development by contributing to internal coordination, clash detection and design review sessions as well as external presentations to clients.
- Provide over the shoulder support for junior staff, mentor and support them through technical training and live project work supervision.
Required skills and experience:
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree holder in Civil / Highway Engineering with a minimum of 8 years of experience delivering complex civil engineering projects, preferably from the Highways domain.
- Experience of designing highway engineering solutions in accordance with the DMRB, AASHTO or other equivalent international standards that are; ready for construction, embrace innovation and offer sustainable solutions to achieve project objectives.
- Experience in all aspects of highway design including geometric design of links and all types of junctions using Civil 3D 2018.
- Preparation of reports such as feasibility studies, method statements, specifications, approval documents, design reports, schedules, construction drawings and bills of quantities
- Experience in planning, costing and monitoring delivery of work packages within budget and programme and a working knowledge of the management of project finances by use of the change control process
- Must be an advanced user or expert user in Autodesk Civil3D, with a minimum of 3 years’ core Civil3D experience which includes handling Bentley MX data in Civil3D.
- Civil3D experience must include detailed understanding of the Civil3D user interface and all its features to perform Civil3D corridor modelling for complex junctions and interchanges.
- Must be able to create, manage and manipulate bespoke Civil3D styles to derive various alignment and corridor information, annotation and reporting.
- Must able to derive and extract drawing deliverables, schedules, quantity take off and analysis results.
- Highly IT literate, excellent command of standard Microsoft office software, knowledge of IT infrastructure and hardware.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Desirable skills and experience:
- Professional accreditation to the level of an Incorporated or Chartered Engineer or working towards professional qualifications.
- Must be an advanced user or expert user in Autodesk Navisworks with capabilities to federate individual discipline BIM Models.
- Setup, maintain and run clash rules and clash tests across federated BIM Models.
- Must know how to create search sets, query, find and navigate through BIM Models.
- Must be able to use Navisworks to generate clash results, manage clash resolution, redline BIM Models, capture viewpoints and cascade reports to discipline teams.
- Must be able to perform Navisworks model management. Hands-on experience of industry standard Highways BIM Platforms such as Autodesk Infraworks and Bentley Open roads
- Technical proficiency in the use of the latest common CDE systems: Bentley ProjectWise and Autodesk Vault.
- Understanding and experience of handling Civil3D Data Shortcuts within the CDE Environment is a must.
- Knowledge in French would be an advantage.
- High performing ability to work and integrate into multi-disciplinary teams and work independently.
- Ensuring your work is to the highest appropriate standards and in compliance with Atkins quality systems and standards
- Energetic and enthusiastic, with the desire to take on extra responsibilities and constantly upskilling team and oneself.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication within a business environment.
- Ability to exercise initiative, take ownership of project issues and work independently with excellent time management skills.
- You will demonstrate a high level of commitment, flexibility and be eager to accept responsibility and learn new skills, whilst always exercising an active interest in helping to solve technical problems faced by any member of the team.
- You will act with integrity and professionalism, gaining the trust of colleagues and setting an example to junior staff.
Rewards and Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Performance Incentives.
- Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme (PF).
- Medical Insurance for the employee and immediate dependents.
- Accident Insurance coverage for the employee.
We in Atkins believe that people matter the most and this belief of ours has led to instilling a culture that embraces people irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be highly self-motivated and ambitious
- Be able to work with limited supervision
- Be able to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with customers
- Be able to build excellent working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Have experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment
- Knowledge in French would be an advantage.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We are an accredited Investor in People and run a Continuous Development Programme.
We in Atkins believe that people matter the most and this belief of ours has led to instilling a culture that embraces people irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs