Technical Design Manager
Technical Design Manager
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Develop project deliverables, particularly drawings and reports in accordance with client scope, budget, and quality requirements.
- Coordinate with subconsultants, and Design Engineers.
- Prepare and manage engineering plans and project documents.
- Evaluate engineering alternatives and resolve technical issues.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost effective and compliant manner.
- Research and follow jurisdictional requirements unique to each project.
- Review and draft rough sketches, drawings, etc. as provided by the Project Engineer and/or BIM Manager.
- Determine scale and perform mathematical calculations that require knowledge of geometry, algebra, trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
- Follow BIM and CAD standards.
- Create, edit, and label alignments, Civil 3D parcels, and corridors.
- Create, use, and edit Civil 3D labels create feature lines and surfaces.
- Manage, data reference, label and interact with a Civil 3D surface.
- Perform roadway design, including creating corridors, subassemblies, road FG, contour grading, and surface clean-up/manipulation through Tin/points.
- Use Civil 3D to design plan and profiles of utilities, including using and creating pipe networks, editing and changing parts and styles, catch basin sizing/spacing and minimum cover, manhole sizing/spacing and minimum cover, hydrant spacing, and creating waterlines in profile with deflection and exaggeration, per jurisdictional requirements.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with customers. Experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment.
- To work as part of Atkins’ BIM/CAD team under Water and Environment
- To assist in delivering a range of projects relating to water and wastewater infrastructure design and planning
- To train new staffs in the team.
- Take new challenges and initiatives.
- Knowledge of BIM.
What will you contribute?
- Candidates should have a clear and demonstrable record of developing technical drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revit and experience working in water and wastewater industry, including;
- Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized Institution.
- 8 - 12 years AutoCAD, Civils3D, Micro station, Revit and detailing experience involving work associated with Water projects.
- Extensive experience of detailing water and wastewater infrastructure.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs