Technical Director - Dams
Location is Open to Atkins UK offices.
Do you have the drive, skills and experience to work with us as Technical Director, leading and shaping the future of Atkins’ dams and reservoirs business? The role will involve motivating and inspiring a respected technical team and will be responsible for enhancing our technical excellence, enthusing our people and working collaboratively to both win and deliver work across our extensive client portfolio. Leading the team to embrace changes in the reservoirs and dams sector will be central to our success.
In the Rivers, Dams and Maritime practice, our work centres around water and its journey from source to sea. We combine enthusiasm and passion with our technical expertise to solve complex engineering challenges that improve the world we live in. Our typical projects include river and coastal flood defence works, dams and reservoir remedial works and sea ports. We work on projects throughout their life cycle, from condition assessments and feasibility studies through to design and construction.
We enjoy successful partnerships with our clients, other consultants and contractors from the private and public sector, delivering high profile infrastructure projects. Our collaborative approach ensures the projects we deliver meet our client’s needs in a sensitive and sustainable way. We embrace new technologies to design innovative outcomes that complement the environment and communities in which they reside; locally, nationally and globally.
Our talented, award-winning team come from diverse backgrounds and have wide-ranging experience, which enables us to deliver a broad variety of projects. As a member of our team, you will work on this diverse range of opportunities that will allow you to share and broaden your skills and knowledge within an agile, digital environment. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to experience new challenges and design for the future. We offer a balanced career which will provide flexibility with your personal life, empowering you to progress and achieve your personal aspirations. Your story starts here.
- Appointed as either Supervising Engineer or All Reservoirs Panel Engineer under the Reservoirs Act
1975 and Reservoirs (Scotland) Act 2011.
- An established industry profile in the field of dams and reservoirs engineering.
- Ability to apply strategic thinking to the future shaping of the industry.
- Ability to identify and employ innovation in the development of leading edge processes and technologies.
- Strong collaborative and network behaviours to interface with other disciplines and businesses.
- Experience of working with off shore support teams would be an advantage.
- Leading in developing the dams and reservoirs business within the UK and internationally.
- To maintain and expand a network of client decision makers, maintaining excellent professional relationships which can lead to secure new and repeat business.
- Identify opportunities and lead bids to commercial and competitive standards.
- Work with the market and business development teams to engage with clients and actively sell our technical capabilities.
- Inspire and support the technical development of staff within the Practice team.
- Ensure we have resources with the right skills to deliver our current and future market strategies.
- Customer focused and a high level of relationship management skill.
- Strong reputation for high level of technical performance.
- Possessing an agile, winning attitude.
- Able to generate innovative outcomes to challenges and follow them through.
- Self-motivated towards improving personal and team development.
- Excellent team leadership and communication skills.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.