Technical Director (Data & Analytics) – flexible work location
Technical Director (Data & Analytics)
Atkins Infrastructure business are looking to appoint Technical Director (Data & Analytics) to bring together and grow our capabilities around data analysis, optimisation, presentation & automation across the UK and Europe businesses. The Technical Director (Data & Analytics) will work collaboratively to deepen our existing relationships and develop new ones to yield significant and sustainable benefits.
We want you to delight our clients by showing them the power of their data. We want you to show them the value we can bring from analysing their data, in ways they have never imagined. We want you to show our clients how their data can help them in answering their most urgent and strategic questions, as well as those they haven’t thought of yet.
Our consultancy practice has extensive experience in transforming our client’s management of their assets, to constantly strive for the client’s performance and cost objectives in line with it’s risk appetite. We transform our client’s abilities to manage their assets in keeping cost, risk and performance aspirations.
Data is essential to managing the assets and running the business. With the advances in data analytics and data processing, our clients are often sitting on an unrealised gold mine of information that can yield new insights to transform the management of their assets & services, this is where you and the team you will build and manage will take the lead.
You are our data & analytics champion. You are highly knowledgeable of data optimisation techniques and approaches, wildly enthusiastic about what data optimisation can do for clients and the value that brings. You are on top of your game when it comes to emerging technologies that are pushing the boundaries of data analysis.
You are also a great communicator, enjoying talking about the benefits of data optimisation, sharing your enthusiasm for data value, and taking delight engaging with technophobes and getting them on board with the data revolution. You’ll be skilled in talking with clients and building trust and credibility around data optimisation and how it will change their world, helping them to set their data optimisation vision, and developing a strategy to get them there.
This is an exciting time in the Infrastructure Asset Management practice as we are going through a significant step change in growth. This step change is driven by demand from clients, their challenges, and the game changer of the digital agenda. The fact that one of Atkins’ growth themes is Asset Management demonstrates the business’s support of this growth aspiration. As part of this step change we are looking for an experienced Data Analytics specialist with a proven track record in developing client relationships and delivering key data optimisation projects, who is excellent at building and developing teams.
Atkins Infrastructure asset management key markets are Water and Aviation both in the UK and abroad, and we are growing our markets in Defence, Energy, and Cities and Development. This role will work across the Infrastructure Markets and also support our other divisions.
Our services include:
- Strategic Asset Management advice including gap analysis and improvement plans against ISO55001/ business process engineering, business plan development
- Asset Investment Planning, both long term, including development of risk-based decision-making tools and methodologies, and prioritisation; and short term, turning Business Plans into reality and delivering outcomes;
- Asset Optimisation: operating your assets in a way that yields the greatest value for the business, aligning performance requirements, criticality and condition with interventions to create reliable performance in keeping with business expectations.
- Data Analysis: interpreting & presenting client and asset data to inform asset management decisions across the lifecycle
- Assurance and regulatory advice both for UK Water utilities and internationally;
You will be responsible for
- Winning work: seek out, developing and landing asset management opportunities
- Delivery: quality control, technical delivery, collaborating with Global Design Centre
- Client facing: understanding client needs, building client network, selling our services
- Practice / Team management: recruitment of and setting direction for the team
- Creating a positive team culture, keeping team skills up to date.
- Being an Ambassador for Atkins: building brand and reputation through taking an industry leading position, speaking at events, engaging with Institutions and professional bodies etc.
Candidates for this role must be open to UK and international travel and periods away from their home office. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate evidence of:
- Willingness to work in professional collaborative environment with respect at the heart of everything we do.
- A confident, professional manner with a “Can Do” approach
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to show initiative and examples of creativity and problem solving
- A supportive and encouraging approach to identifying and nurturing talent.
- Proven track record in applying asset management principles to improve business performance and addressing client challenges.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Honours Degree or equivalent experience
• Asset Management Qualifications, preferred but not essential
• Membership of an appropriate professional body, preferred but not essential
Location: flexible work location. Focus clients will be based in North of the UK so role would ideally have a base in this region, but we can be flexible.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working we would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.