Technical Director for Desalination
Do you have the drive, technical capability and strategic approach to work with us as Technical Director for Desalination, leading and shaping the future of Atkins’ service offerings and capability in this area? The role will involve the leadership of a respected technical team and will be responsible for enhancing our technical excellence, driving revenue growth and working collaboratively to both win and deliver work across our extensive client portfolio.
The role offers a great opportunity to combine the technical expertise that you have developed during your career with the more strategic and collaborative strengths that are required to successful develop relationships internally and externally, and to add significant value to clients.
The role of Technical Director for Desalination can be based from any Atkins UK hub office and sits within Atkins’ Infrastructure division. Atkins’ Infrastructure division in the UK is an organisation of around 3,000 people with circa £300m annual turnover, delivering a wide portfolio of projects ranging from strategic advice through to large EPC schemes to our targeted markets sectors.
- Develop technical expertise in managing Desalination with a focus on creating the depth of capability to deliver value to our clients.
- Lead the relationship with clients, ensuring Atkins is regarded as their trusted technical partner in Desalination.
- Builds lasting and durable strategic partnerships with the client, adding significant Atkins value to their agenda.
- Be an ambassador for Atkins at market relevant events, generally leveraging opportunities to build awareness of Atkins capability.
- Responsible for winning work through maximising additional/repeat/follow-on work from clients.
- Identify opportunities for client work and foster client relationships interfacing with the Client Directors.
- Lead targeted innovation to deliver value to clients.
- Responsible for technical strategy and/or technical assurance within discipline
- Act as Project Director on projects within technical field.
- Drive thought leadership, technical best practice, knowledge sharing, and process standardisation and optimisation across the discipline group
- Identify synergies with other Divisions and collaborate as appropriate
- Cultivate strong links to academia; may be associate lecturer or visiting Professor
- Act as an Expert Witness as required
- Ensure that the business has appropriate and robust technical leadership in place to assure the technical excellence of the work we do;
- Subject Matter Expert with demonstratable experience of developing strategic relationships with clients, adding value through enhancing our services lines
- Client centric - deep understanding client needs, their opportunities and challenges with a track record of leading and winning work
- Confident and influential in engaging with regulatory bodies and professional institutions, demonstrating experience of building effective networks both internally and external to the organisation
- Internal and External Profile in technical field
- Relevant chartership and/or membership of professional institute(s) with professional registration as appropriate.
- Strong collaborative and network behaviours to interface with other disciplines and businesses.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.