This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The GCC is witnessing an increasing investment in water infrastructure including provision of major wastewater treatment and desalination facilities. Atkins is positioned to play an important role in providing technical solutions to many of the opportunities presented by this development programme and more particularly in KSA and UAE.
The role will cover technical advisory services from bid stage through to delivery (feasibility, conceptual/preliminary design, detailed design). The candidate should be a confident and experienced water professional with good presentation and technical skills. The Candidate must have over 20 years experience on water projects. This experience would ideally include previous experience in GCC countries.
- 20 Years+ Water experience
- Chartered Engineer - preferably registered in UK, EU, USA or Australia.
- Desalination experience
- Wastewater Treatment services experience
- PPP Technical Advisory services experience (Client Engineer and/or Lender’s Engineer)
- Understanding of Safety, Availability and RAMS procedures
- Design and Build experience
- Good all round experience from front end to delivery
- Experience on similar projects at a senior level
- Experience managing teams
- Client and stakeholder facing experience
- Good understanding of Middle East Codes
- Water Company Experience
- Contractor experience
- Middle East experience
- Site experience
- Must be able to work effectively in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual team environment
- Must be a clear communicator in both verbal and written English (Arabic speaker is a plus)
- Must be able to lead, motivate and inspire team members
- Able to work in a high pressure, deadline driven, environment
- Effective and imaginative problem solver
- Must be able to travel extensively within the region
- Able to work cooperatively with other disciplines to provide effective, multi-disciplinary, design solutions which add value for our clients
- Must be a confident and capable presenter
- Work as a team member and provide a positive contribution to team performance
- Demonstrate use of initiative
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee assistance programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah
Our Latest Articles