This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As part of our growth, Atkins is recruiting an ICT Technical Director within the ADS&T division, with a proven track record in supporting high quality systems engineering delivery and strategic advice to demanding clients in complex stakeholder environments, developing effective working relationships with client senior teams at the CxO level.
Atkins is a major supplier to the Public Sector and we have key accounts across Central and Local Government, Public Services, Regulated Industries, as well as the Private Sector.
The Aerospace Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T) Division delivers a range of services including P3M and Business Consulting, Advanced Engineering, Technology Services and Solutions into the Aerospace, Defence, Security & Intelligence, and Public Sector markets.
Our NI accounts are a successful and growing part of our business, which has expanded over the last two years in terms of both footprint and capability. We have built a high-quality consulting and ICT engineering team, attracting top-tier talent and delivering high quality work. Due to continuing growth, we are looking to continue the expansion of our senior delivery team with a primary focus on providing our clients with cutting edge technical advice and leadership. There are also likely to be wider opportunities to work across the range of clients and locations that ADS&T supports.
This is an exciting time in ADS&T and this role will provide significant development opportunities that arise through working in a growth area in an expanding team. As well as technical delivery and assurance, you will be expected to support development of the National Infrastructure accounts through, for example, development of new propositions, provision of thought leadership to our customers and supporting the business development team with key account management.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
Applicants are expected to demonstrate a range of abilities to support:
- Developing effective senior CxO relationships across the National Infrastructure market space
- Advising on strategic technical/business direction in complex stakeholder environments
- Delivering and supporting complex solution delivery activities through the full lifecycle
- Development and assurance of IT architectures and solutions
- Communicating complex concepts and solutions in a compelling and straightforward way, yet underpinned by a strong grasp of the detail
- Influencing stakeholders and non-technical team members
- Supporting the marketing and selling of advisory and implementation services, including presenting and facilitating at key conferences
- Supporting the development of the Technical Services and Solutions practice
- Line Management of senior team members
The candidate is expected to demonstrate excellent core competence and experience in delivery of the full lifecycle of complex solutions and technical architecture development. Additionally, we are looking for people with the experience and skills in developing business relationships at all levels, and leading or working in teams to deliver great work.
- A proven track record in some of the following areas:
- Delivering and providing strategic technical/business advice at up to CxO level on the latest approaches such as Agile, Cloud, Everything as a Service, Service Integration, Dev Ops, Containers and Micro Services.
- Enterprise and Solution Architecture
- Information / Data Architecture
- IT Service Management
- Integration Architecture, including platform ecosystems and API strategies
- Business Analysis
- Data Analysis and Information Management
- Cloud solutions – The effective consumption of cloud services (IaaS, SaaS, SECaaS, DBaaS,..)
- Existing knowledge of, and senior relationships within a Government or NI organisational IT construct is highly desirable. An ability to leverage wider market experience in other sectors is desirable
- Ability to influence and communicate with all levels of stakeholder up to CxO
- Good general consulting skills (structured thinking, effective report writing and presentations, and strong stakeholder engagement).
- Ability to work under broad direction, with a high level of self-initiation.
- Experience of supporting the delivering and selling of system engineering or IT advisory and implementation services programmes in a “blue chip” consultancy or SI environment
- Good first degree with relevant qualifications and membership of professional bodies (e.g. BCS)
- Knowledge and experience of new technology trends and disruptive technologies, including cloud, government ICT strategy, social, big data and digital services
- Experience of leading or contributing to bids and tenders.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.