Technical Lead - Geomatics
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, a subsidiary of SNC Lavalin Group, is one of the world's leading Engineering Design Project Management consultancies. Atkins Geospatial covers a range of services from data acquisition, spatial analysis, information and data management, to systems design and integration. Our drive is to deliver innovative, quality solutions to our clients that sit well within the culture and setting of the user environment. Our success lies in our integration across the Atkins businesses. Working in partnership with the engineering, environmental and design disciplines to ensure well-grounded services, with a deep understanding of both the built and natural environment.
The GIS Analysis team is young and dynamic. This role will suit a manager with experience of working in an international organisation who can listen and channel the ideas and inputs of the team making the individuals feel valued.
At Global Design Center (GDC), Bengaluru, we are looking for motivated, experienced individuals who can lead the GIS team. The role – GIS Technical Lead, is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right person to gain experience managing a team of GIS analysts. Project managing GIS analysis projects across disciplines. Whether it is basic constraints mapping for our environment teams, maintaining a web GIS, managing a large-scale data capture project or working on a High-Speed Rail / Highways or other Infrastructure projects.
The GIS Technical Lead role is varied with requirements changing month on month. Individuals who have led large teams with ownership of the delivery of projects are preferred. Knowledge and hands on experience of Quality, resource, project, process management is a pre-requisite for the position. This role will suit an individual who can listen and channel the ideas and inputs of the team making the individuals feel valued.
- Able to think logically and laterally, solving problems creatively and assessing them rationally.
- Maturity in understanding of the overarching process, business relevance, risk-based and quality requirements.
- Able to multitask and respond to short-notice changes.
- Able to act with initiative and to take responsibility.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently and within a team.
- Able to organize self and others.
- Able to work to time and cost budgets.
- Able to learn about new subjects quickly. Ability to express ideas, concerns, and solutions.
Communication & Verbal Skills:
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Ability to negotiate and deal with Project Managers across global regions daily.
- Able to deal and motivate staff and earn loyalty and respect.
- Able to define and articulate ideas with clarity.
Either a Degree in GIS / Engineering, or Degree in Geomatics or equivalent.
Minimum 15 years of professional experience. Out of which minimum 5 years of experience in
delivering successful projects.
- Work experience in an International office, delivering GIS, and GIS assisted Engineering / Asset projects.
- Exposure to Quality Standards, eg: PAS 1192. etc, Global Best Practices
- Have appreciation of the issues of, and solutions to, managing remote clients.
- Proven experience of delivering to deadlines within pressurised environments.
- Ability to effectively sell the benefits of GIS to potential clients and generate business leads.
- Ability to prepare documents, support Bids, methodology writing and effort estimations.
- Excellent presentation skills and Enthusiastic about the benefits that GIS can provide.
- Prepared to work overseas, on secondment on need basis.
- Providing GIS support within a range of projects.
- Introducing innovation and spatial solutions to projects.
- Relevant tertiary qualification and industry experience in a GIS discipline.
- Practical experience in editing and digitising GIS data.
- Ability to provide thought leadership, critical thinking, appreciative enquiry.
- Relevant ArcGIS experience with use of extension software such as spatial analyst, 3D analyst, network analyst, data interoperability.
- Exposure to BIM concepts, CDE Common Data Environment and GIS.
- Design, production and revision of cartographic outputs.
- Creation, maintenance and management of spatial data.
- Analysing, interpreting and presenting geospatial data.
- Experience with working and controlling many evolving datasets.
- Good knowledge of Autodesk Studio, Revit, C3D, Infraworks, City Engine, Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Able to prepare Management reports and reporting as per the needs of the MIS (Management Information Systems).
- Using Python to automate project workflows.
- FME, Python/ Matlab, HTML scripting and other automation tool development.
- Deploying ArcGIS Online applications.
- Deploying ArcGIS Collector and other mobile GIS applications
- Sound deployment of ArcGIS Online and Collector Applications experience with mobile GIS solutions
- Experience working with various ESRI API’s such as Arcpy, Web API’s and ArcGIS Python API to automate workflows and data migration
- Experience working with enterprise databases such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Thorough knowledge and experience in process mapping
- Proactively engage with Clients, and demonstrable Leadership experience, collaborative working.
- Experience of working in a multinational consultancy
- People: Responsible for the team.
- Financial: Working to set budgets and timescales. Able to assess results and draw conclusions/make
- recommendations. Gain knowledge of department management
Assist in overall business development, including marketing, internal reporting of working statistics,
estimating, costing, and support bidding. Conversant with commercial aspects of project/program
- Display strong team management skills
- Good Leadership qualities
- Responsible for team’s productivity, holding team meetings to assess current and future workload.
- Proactive business development in the discipline areas and across Atkins Businesses
- Carry out teams’ annual appraisals.
- Responsible for learning and development requirements of the team.
- Ensure the team is motivated and maintain communication to enable two-way feedback on
- Act as Line Manager for team members.
- Enable team members to achieve their career aspirations
- Be fully self-motivated, pro-active and able to work to tight and personally set deadlines without
- To integrate, coordinate and work with Clients
- Delivery/Project Managers
- Practice Head
- Business Head
Outlook or set of values:
We encourage career progression through on the job training, formal training (internal and external)