Technical Lead- Power Supply
Technical Lead- Power Supply
We are seeking an experienced Technical Lead with a background in engineering consultancy, contractor led design, or client management of engineering and construction projects. This individual will manage the delivery of electrification design packages across a number of projects varying in size and complexity.
With the support of our wider Electrification design teams you will be leading the delivery of a portfolio of projects and you will be prominent in the bid process on behalf of the Practice. You will be the main point of contact with our clients for these projects and accountable for reporting an accurate commercial and programme account.
The Atkins Rail electrification team undertakes all aspects of electrical power distribution & traction design in the rail environment including survey, design drawings and calculations, technical specifications and reports. The team supports work across Atkins Rail including major projects, re-signalling schemes and electrification programmes.
Experience and Skills
- Authors technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality
- Very good understanding of BaneNor, Eurocodes, Teknisk Regelverk and Railway Safety principles
- Able to present their work and represent their colleagues on the project in presentations and meetings
- Able to independently deliver work and integrate with larger project teams
- Applies broad technical experience and knowledge and able to check and/or critically review work of all those in the project team
- Able to manage interfaces with other railway engineering disciplines with minimal supervision
- Knowledge, understanding and application of sustainability principles
- Able to prepare project cost estimates for more complex packages of work with minimal supervision
- Applies professional knowledge and experienced judgement
- Fully proficient in Power Supply designs and able to review deliverables of his/her team
- Offer new ideas to improve solutions and processes and see through ideas to implementation and completion.
- Prepare working design packages for overhead line electrification across number of projects.
- Developing and maintaining internal and external client relationships.
- Produces final design information for use in preparation of layout plan, cross section, section diagram and bonding plans.
- Providing support and focal point for integration of other Atkins design teams.
- Ensuring compliance with Business Management, Health and Safety Regulations and Quality procedures
- Contributing to and in many cases leading the bid preparation and work winning process ensuring we are getting closer alignment to our clients.
- Demonstrate experience in a similar role
Have the ability to work to time and cost budgets across a geographical portfolio
- Have excellent communications skills
- Possess willingness to work with clients and their project teams
- Excellent presentation skills
- Have good report writing and reviewing skills
- Have a reliable and responsible attitude, pay attention to detail and have a flexible approach to achieve the
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and input to activities in support of the wider business objectives that may draw upon skills in addition to those outlined above
- Be keen to develop a career in multi-disciplinary development project
- Be a resilient self-starter whom can inspire confidence in others
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs