Technical Lead – Software Development
Atkins currently has an exciting opportunity for a Software Technical Leader Engineer based in our Rail Signalling Software Development Team in Central Birmingham, at the Axis office adjacent to the Mailbox.
- We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate a strong level of technical capability in - Software design and development for R&D and innovation projects.
- Someone that can work with our Systems and lead the software team on the development of signalling systems and can bring that experience to bear with our team.
- We are interested in engineers from a software background who can demonstrate experience of successfully contributing to the design of safety-related control and automation software systems under verification and validation methodology.
- We are seeking candidates who know the complete development cycle of software development (Requirements, Architecture, Integration, Validation, Assessment) and are able to demonstrate technical capability within innovation projects and can bring use that experience to lead out team.
- We are looking for a strong team player and communicator, assuring working towards correct quality and configuration management according to the defined processes.
- Open communication style and keen to engage and facilitate and challenge discussion on technical as well as procedural aspects within the team and organisation.
• To technically lead the software team
• To provide system and software engineering design of innovation projects within the Rail industry
• Responsible of the development of industry leading methodologies, techniques and tools to create future ground-breaking software products within the Rail industry.
• To provide technical engineering excellence.
• Maintain and improve the processes, techniques and tools to provide safety assurance at the same time as increasing the level of automation of the software process.
• Verification and Validation of safety critical software including design review, code review and Integration testing
• Bring new ideas about software development, early delivery, continuous improvement and rapid and flexible response to change.
• Working with a range of diverse engineering tools
• Maintaining and developing client relationships.
• Successfully meeting cost and project deadlines.
• Experience in designing, implement and test software for critical safety related systems
• Experience applying EN50128 to develop and deliver software applications for railway systems.
• Understanding of innovations development roadmap and product management.
• Experience of working in verification & validation software development processes.
• Experience on Software development and software testing.
• Experience on Model Based engineering design tools, formal design methodologies, UML and formal languages.
• HNC/degree (or equivalent) level in an Engineering discipline
• Excellent communication skills.
• Sound report writing skills.
• Experience of the Rail industry would be desirable but not essential
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles