Technical Safety Engineer
Technical Safety Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We are seeking applications from enthusiastic engineers for the position of Safety and Reliability Engineer within our world class Safety and Reliability team.
Foremost among your attributes you will be a great communicator with the drive and passion to develop your technical expertise in our industry leading safety and reliability engineering team.
Does this sound like you? In which case, we’d love you to apply for this role.
As part of a leading consultancy, you will successfully support delivery of Safety and Reliability commissions with influence in the Energy sector. You will be supporting client projects and their ongoing operations within the Oil & Gas, Renewables and Nuclear industries.
The role will typically include:
• Project engineering to ensure studies and projects are delivered in compliance with agreed scope, budgets and schedules
• Participation in HAZID, HAZOPs, LOPAs and other risk assessment workshops;
• Participation in technical safety studies (QRA, FEA, EERA, etc.) for onshore and offshore oil & gas facilities, or for other major hazard industries
• Technical report authorship;
• Fault Tree Analysis and Reliability Studies.
In addition to having excellent communication and problem-solving skills you will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Degree qualified in a relevant engineering subject. Other numerate subjects (such as Maths, Computer Science or Physics) may also be considered.
• Fully computer literate in Office 365 computer packages principally MS Word 2016 and MS Excel 2016. Experience with consequence analysis software or coding ability would be an advantage.
• Ability to prepare technical reports to a high standard.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent time-management skills with proven ability to work to deadlines.
• Demonstrable ability to show initiative and work independently where appropriate.
• Willingness to travel within the UK and internationally for short terms assignments to support our client’s projects.
Whilst fully supported within the team, you should still be able to demonstrate an ability to take ownership of tasks undertaken and ensure work produced is of the highest quality, applying appropriate rigour and self-checking processes.
Demonstrable experience in Safety, Reliability or Process engineering activities in previous roles would be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite. Candidates at early stages in their career looking to move into the field of Safety and Reliability will also be considered.
We recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in engineering, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our engineers. Atkins provides appropriate training and support designed to aid personnel in attaining chartership status with their respective industry institutions.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, employing more than 18,000 people worldwide, including around 8,500 in the UK. We’re part of the SNC-Lavalin group of companies, one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. We support public and private sector clients with the delivery of complex infrastructure projects, from upfront strategic advice to large, outcome-focused programme management. Whether it’s providing social and economic infrastructure to enable cities to flourish or the connectivity of people and places fuelled by technology and big data, Atkins helps achieve success.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs