Why join us?
We are hiring! The Technical Writer is an integral part of our team that will be involved with a variety of documentation within a technical project. This position is with our Nuclear Group and based in our office in Albuquerque, NM.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- The selected individual will organize, write, edit and produce a variety of documentation within a technical project.
- This person will have the ability to interact with engineers or designers to understand and communicate product limitations.
- This individual will be able to apply project knowledge and or conduct research through discussions with technical specialists or other resources.
- One will be required to gather information about needs, objectives, functions, features and requirements.
- This person will perform writing tasks for technical documents such as reports, white papers, procedures, user manuals, installation manuals and help documents.
- This individual will edit material for structure, completeness, accuracy, organizational consistency and appropriateness of content.
- This is regular full-time employment in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Salary is commensurate with experience.
What will you contribute?
- BS or BA with a 15-20 years technical writing experience. Degree equivalency will be considered for portion of experience.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Current or re-instatable DOE Q-clearance required
- Must be detail oriented, able to handle multiple priorities, have excellent writing, editing, and analytical skills, and demonstrate expertise with a full range of technical writing tasks.
- Must have experience in the development and execution of technical documentation as part of completing deliverables.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills, and work well independently and within a team.
- Position requires excellent listening skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with software testing a plus.
- Experience with Visio is a plus.
- Experience with technical training a plus.
- Experience with Quality Assurance a plus.
- Technical degree in conjunction with technical writing a plus.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs