This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a Technical Writer to join the team in Oak Ridge, TN.
The technical writer shall assist the Project Office in performing technical writing for the staff to include finalization of correspondence, meeting minutes and technical reports.
• Deliverables include written meeting/conference minutes and action items responses in support of project/subproject planning and execution. Edit staff-generated correspondence, project briefings and technical reports upon request.
• Support the Project Director and Deputy Directors by documenting detailed written meeting/conference minutes, and documenting and tracking action items response in support of project/subproject planning and execution
• Support the UPF Project Office in assisting UPO staff in generating correspondence, briefings and technical papers to document government evaluations
• Prepare project presentations on behalf of the Project Director for high-level interactions with regulatory and congressional stakeholders
• Work performed under this task may require the contractor and its personnel to gain access to classified and restricted DOE/NNSA data, systems, and facilities. For this reason, the contractor personnel may be required to obtain and maintain and possess a DOE/NNSA Q Clearance.
• Must be able to interface with government program representatives on high-level technical and project issues.
• Ability to successfully make quick decisions and meet goals while working under severe time constraints
• Demonstrated ability to be creative with a keen attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
• Advanced computer skills, and Microsoft Office
• Detailed knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application
• Detailed knowledge of industry codes and regulations
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree; English, Journalism, Communications or 15 years of technical writing experience
• Requires 9 years of experience
• Must be familiar with NQA-1 and DOE Quality Order 414.1 requirements and have implemented those requirements within DOE
• Must demonstrate experience writing procedures and policies for an organization; preferably within DOE
• Demonstrate extensive experience in their discipline is preferred
• Direct work or oversight experience on large construction contracts is preferred
• Experience with DOE Order 226.1B is preferred
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.