Technician/Assistant Waste Water Modeller
Technician/Assistant Waste Water Modeller
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Technician/Assistant Water Waste Modeller (Open to Entry level to Mid Senior Level)
Location Open: Belfast, Bristol, Derby, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Warrington
Due to continued growth in the workload of our successful Water business, we seek to recruit Wastewater Modellers across our UK offices. The successful candidate will join a team of geographers, GIS specialists and engineers and play a key role in delivering to a range of Clients including Water Companies, Local Authorities, developers with the potential to get involved with International projects.
The Networks and Drainage team carries out a range of projects related to water and wastewater, including the design of water supply networks and trunk mains, through to drainage network improvement schemes to relieve flooding and pollution problems to improve our environment. This typically involves undertaking feasibility studies/projects using computer modelling, analysis to support operational and environmental recommendations or other interventions.
Experience/Awareness of network modelling and civil engineering would be advantageous but not essential as full on the job training will be provided.
This role will involve working on feasibility studies, using computer analyses typically to support flooding and environmental improvement projects, site visits and liaison with clients, contractors, stakeholders and other professional bodies. The output will typically be in short reports to outline the approach taken and findings from the investigation.
- BSc/BEng/MEng degree level, engineering, geography, GIS, Science Related subject or equivalent considered
- Consideration will be given to HNC, HND level qualification in similar subjects. (Opportunities to work towards qualifications) can be discussed and supported for the right candidate
- Mathematics and English at GCSE/SN5 or equivalent (or higher) Grade C
- An interest in the water environment and sustainability and desire to apply your skills to the challenges the water environment faces
- Team player
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication Skills – oral and written
- Proactive self-starter
- Desire to learn and develop technically and work towards a professional qualification
- Development of computer models to investigate flooding and environmental problems and generation of outline solutions.
- Analysis of data
- Support development of reports and other project deliverables
- Undertake site surveys and walkovers
- Prepare (and adhere to) health and safety risk assessments
- Any prior experience of similar work in areas such as water and drainage
- Experience of Infoworks ICM software
- Understanding of the water cycle
- Geographic information systems (MapInfo/ArcGIS)
- Visual Basic or other programming skills (e.g. Python)
- Knowledge and experience of computer modelling principles
- UK driving licence
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving professional qualification of relevant institutions.
The successful individual will be looking to learn and develop technically, working towards a professional qualification. They will be self-motivated and demonstrate an ability to work with others in a variety of project roles.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs