Telecom Design Engineer
Telecom Design Engineer
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
How will you contribute to the team?
- The candidate shall be responsible for the Co-ordination and assurance of Communications Systems designs.
- Public Address / Voice Alarm systems.
- Closed Circuit Television systems.
- Access Control systems.
- SCADA & Building Management System.
- Passenger Help Point systems.
- Station Management Systems / Operational SCADA systems.
- Operational or Lineside Communication.
- Radio Systems.
- TCP / IP Networks.
- Clock and Master Clock Systems.
- The candidate is also expected to have an appreciation of the interfaces (physical and other) with other system disciplines.
- Co-ordination with other disciplines (internal and external) in the placement and integration of communication equipment within the overall design.
- Production of reports, schedules, drawings and technical schematics.
- Verification of the design against customer requirements and standards.
- Attendance at internal and external co-ordination, progress and design review meetings.
- Undertake design reviews of other concurrent Communication Systems designs.
What will you contribute?
- Ability to complete work on time and on budget within the parameters of the project scope of works;
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar role within the Infrastructure/Rail engineering environment.
- Experience in various project phases such as conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design etc.
- Ability to interpret architectural, electrical and mechanical layouts related to telecommunications.
- Working knowledge of European, British and Railway standards.
- Support and develop telecommunications design deliverables such as system overview drawing, conceptual, preliminary, and detailed designs, layout drawings, wiring drawings, cable schedules, rack layouts, storage & bandwidth calculations.
- Knowledge of fundamental engineering and communication systems standards and best practice.
- Knowledge and experience of the requirements for designing safety critical and safety related systems.
- Ability to produce coherent and accurate documentation.
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Visio, AutoCAD, Microstation other CAD software’s.
- Certifications like CCNA, CCNP etc desirable.
- Ability to work with other geography clients UK, NA, Middle East, Australia etc.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs