Telecom Lead Engineer
Why join us?
The Telecom Lead Engineer’s duties will be carried out under the direction/guidance of the Discipline Engineering Manager and ranging from a comprehensive range of engineering, procurement and construction support services in oil sands mining. This position is office based for Engineering Services.
As a member of the team, the Telecom Lead Engineer shall be responsible for preparing engineering specifications and engineering design packages (wiring diagrams, device location layouts, schematics, block diagrams, calculations, data sheets, cabinet layouts, cable schedules, bills of materials, material requisitions, bid evaluations, etc.) for various telecommunication systems. In addition, the Telecom Lead Engineer will assist the Discipline Engineering Manager in developing, approving and coordinating work schedules to ensure cost, quality and time objectives are met.
How will you contribute to the team?
Suitable candidate must have experience with the following systems from an Oil and Gas Engineering Perspective:-
- Fibre Optic Networks
- Structured Cabling
- Telecom Cabinets Design and Layout
- Closed Circuit Television Systems (CCTV)
- Security Access Control Systems
- Public Address & General Alarm System (PAGA)
What will you contribute?
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in a similar role within an Engineering (EPC) environment
- Mandatory Telecom Engineering experience on Imperial Oil's Kearl Lake facility
- Degree in Telecommunication Systems from an accredited University or College – Or equivalent industry experience
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Professional Licensee Engineering (P.L. Eng.) with APEGA
- Demonstrated engineering design experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Have current knowledge of industry or regulatory standards and codes
- Proven track record of successful projects
- Highly motivated and organized
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients on a technical and interpersonal level
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.)
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com