Why join us?
We are hiring! Atkins seeks a Telecommunications Engineer to join our team in Tallahassee, FL. This role will support our Engineering team performing tasks related to Statewide Microwave Tower Design projects.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Applies standard engineering practices and techniques in specific situations which may include the following:
- Assists in the planning, design, and production of engineering drawings for communications facilities including telecommunications towers and shelters. Carries out specific assignments in preparing and assembling specifications.
- Assists in the planning, design, and production of engineering drawings for microwave, optical, and land mobile radio communications systems.
- Participates in conducting engineering investigations and planning work by completing well-defined tasks. These tasks may include collection and analysis of data using established procedures, performance of routine calculations, and participation in evaluating the feasibility of alternate solutions.
- Prepares assigned sections of reports working under the close review of a more experienced professional.
- Performs data acquisition and analysis, researching the feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and/or FCC/FAA or other regulatory agency specifications or regulations.
- Prepares material for reports, gathering information, writing rough outline, and/or preparing work progression documents and graphic presentations.
- Performs engineering calculations.
- Performs field observations of construction where appropriate.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Receives direct supervision on new aspects of assignments, exercising independent judgment on details of regular assignments, making preliminary selections, minor modifications, and adaptations of alternatives. May perform limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer, using prescribed methods.
- Interfaces with external contacts, including the client, regulatory agency staff and suppliers of services, equipment and/or construction materials.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. in Engineering. Minimal experience is required of incumbents with a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering directly related to hiring discipline; no experience required with a Master's degree.
- E.I. or EIT desired.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills needed, technical writing ability, and PC and CAD skills required.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs