Telecoms Design Engineer
You will be undertaking the production of Railway Telecoms Designs within our existing York Telecoms Design Team. The designs cover both Operational Telecoms and Station Information and Security Systems (SISS) for clients such as Network Rail and TfL on key infrastructure projects such as HS2, East West Rail Phase 2 and Major Signalling Schemes.
We require a Railway Telecoms Design Engineer to work within our existing telecoms design team in York. Suitable applicants with relevant Railway Telecoms experience who do not meet all the requirements will also be consider for Assistant Telecoms Design Engineer.
- Proven experience in similar position with current or previous UK Railway Telecoms Design Experience
- Detailed understanding of Network Rail Telecoms Assurance regimes
- Degree or Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or Communications Disciplines
- Incorporated Engineer, holder of relevant IRSE Design License or ability to attain these
- Experience of SISS and Operational Telecoms
- Experience in the use of Computer Aided Design Packages (Micro station).
- Strong collaborative behaviours to interface with internal and external stakeholders / clients
- Willing to travel and work at various locations within the UK, which may include unsocial hours on an occasional basis
- Undertake the design of Railway Telecoms System (Ops & SISS) at various GRIP stages on assigned projects. This will include;
- Conceptual Designs
- Detailed Designs
- Temporary / Stage works Designs
- Co-ordination with other discipline (internal and external) in the production of the design.
- Provide technical support to bids and tenders as required.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles