Tolls GEC Sr. Project Director
Tolls GEC Sr. Project Director
Tolls GEC Sr. Project Director
Why join us?
We are hiring! Atkins seeks a Tolls GEC Sr. Project Director for the Atkins Florida's Turnpike Enterprise (FTE) General Engineering Consultant (GEC) to join our team in Orlando, FL to support FTE’s mission of pursuing innovation and best private-sector business practices, improving cost-effectiveness and timeliness in project delivery, increasing revenues, and improving quality of service to its customers.
The successful candidate will be a home office (not field embedded) leader who brings an innovative mind-set as the person for driving purpose-driven innovation that enables efficient, cost-effective solutions. Charged with working collaboratively with Atkins’ field staff and home office to leverage Atkins’ national and international best practices and innovative approaches that drive value in meeting Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise objectives.
Under general direction, supports management of complex projects and delivery systems related to the work program (a multi-billion- dollar five-year program) and the key projects within it, for Atkins’ Florida’s Turnpike GEC program.
Projects typically involve high levels of regulatory agency involvement and/or very complex technical requirements.
Provides leadership, direction, and technical guidance to senior project managers and project managers within assigned area of responsibility to ensure that quality management and technical services are provided and that operating performance targets are met.
Reviews and assesses existing policies, practices and methods utilized to deliver the overall work program, and the full development life cycle of the projects within it, i.e. “from concept to concrete” efficiently, cost -effectively and within schedule.
Leads and mentors senior project managers and project managers associated with sophisticated and unconventional projects.
Works directly with Senior FDOT management to meet DOT objectives and can at times represent the department in internal and external meetings and conferences.
COMPLEXITY (Variety or uniqueness of tasks; relative difficulty or importance of work performed; size of unit supported, etc.): Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments. Work requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices.
DECISION-MAKING (Supervision received; independent judgment or initiative; consequence of error): Consistently exercises initiative and independent judgment. Supervision and guidance relate largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters. Consults with supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments. Assess opportunities and constraints within program relative to strategic goals and initiatives. Decision process and actions must be oriented toward driving results.
WORK DIRECTION GIVEN TO OTHERS (Titles and number of personnel; type of direction given): Supervises the work of senior professionals and support staff. Support team building, succession planning, recruiting and mentoring staff.
INTERNAL CONTACTS (Required interaction/relationship with others within the organization): Interfaces with senior technical professionals, technical managers, and administrative staff and managers as necessary.
EXTERNAL CONTACTS (Required interaction/relationship with others outside the organization): Represents the organization in conferences and negotiations with clients and/or regulatory agencies.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Take an active role in specific project work helping to streamline, manage scope fluctuation and expedite processes to improve project delivery and efficiency.
- Management assignments that typically involve large, multi-discipline assignments, including unconventional or complex projects made up of highly sophisticated and specialized technical components.
- Provide management and leadership of key FTE GEC program components including, but not limited to Transportation Development, Design, Right-of-Way, Program / Project Management, Systems Development, Planning, Financial / Bond Indenture support, Environmental Management and Toll Operations, Systems and Facilities.
- Provide responsive and accurate program status, budget and schedule information to supervisor related to the FDOT/ FTE program.
- Work with the business unit, sales and Technical Professional Organization (TPO) to satisfy client and corporate objectives in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Communicate project progress / status to senior management and alerts them of project production, quality control or financial performance problems. Monitors schedules, billings and reports; ensures appropriate charging of man hours.
- Ability to assess client goals and apply innovative solutions (both technical and non-technical) to drive cost-effective, efficient results.
- Ability to look at polices, practices and procedures, identifying changes and improvements to meet big picture objectives.
- Knowledge of FDOT policies, procedures and standards is a plus.
- Additional professional registrations (e.g. A.I.C.P., R.A., or R.L.A) are also viewed as beneficial, but not required.
- Certification as a “Project Management Professional” (PMP) is desired within one year of assuming this position.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability; strong financial management, team management, and leadership skills; ability to manage and coordinate efforts of various projects to produce budgeted profits and overall results.
- Specific expertise to the extent that the individual is regarded as a regional or potentially national expert in a specific discipline, contract delivery method, project, planning process, design method, or modeling technique. Personal computer proficiency is required.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in field of practice. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved by technical professionals with a minimum of fifteen years of experience since B.S. or fourteen years since M.S., with at least two of these years in the High level Technical, innovation or Senior Program Manager position with highly complex project management responsibility.
- Flexibility on Year’s of experience requirements will be considered based on unique qualifications or experience.
- A Civil Engineering degree is preferred and registered in the State of Florida as a Professional Engineer (or if registered in another state the ability to obtain registration in the State of Florida within six months).
- Key consideration will be given to demonstrated experience and success in driving innovative solutions in a transportation environment.
- Program Manager position with highly complex project management responsibility.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs